[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you guys make of LCD Soundsystem?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4
File: 1443152118767.jpg (82 KB, 608x450) Image search: [Google]
1443152118767.jpg
82 KB, 608x450
What do you guys make of LCD Soundsystem?
>>
I love them. Their s/t is my favorite but Sound of Silver has my favorite songs. This is Happening is pretty good too.
>>
>>60374305
Best band in the last 15 years. 3 classic albums
>>
>>60374440
>>
>>60374305

I never got around to hear them much. Can some fellow recommend five songs to get me started, so I can check them quick?
>>
>>60374481
dance yourself clean
all my friends
all i want
on repeat
someone great
>>
>>60374481
Losing My Edge. Pure genious
>>
>>60374305
yeah they're gr8. lots of plebs think that it's just a ripoff of a bowie, velvet underground and talking heads but i love the music it borrows from so much that i don't have any problem with it. plus james is such a cute dude
>>
>>60374305
really obnoxious band, idk how people like their shit
>>
>>60376037
there was bound to be someone, right

anyway, great band. sound of silver is probably my favorite of theirs
>>
definitely my favourite band, and in the era when they came and went I think James's musical success in what he does has been unrivalled, especially as a lyricist and his considered and mature, but also fun and electric approach to pop music. he had the confidence and understanding to make great records that a lot of talented younger artists can't come near, and is the first guy who made me consider age and life experience as a plus factor in the sort of indie rock world /endramble
>>
>>60376107
what
>>
>>60376037
Thanks for posting, didn't have your trip on my filter list
Also great band, fuck you
>>
>>60376037
what is obnoxious about them
>>
>>60376164
not my kind of music at all, i really hate dancey electronic indie shit

>>60376163
i don't want people opposed to dissenting opinions like bitches reading my shit anyway lmao
>>
who has put out a better coffee. James or David Lynch
>>
>>60376207
I hate this band's kind of music =/= band is obnoxious
>>
>>60376302
i hate the kind of music they play because it sounds obnoxious to me. why do i have to explain this to you?
>>
>>60376332
Because you've been making no sense and your reasoning is idiotic.
>>
>>60376365
sowwy
>>
File: LCD last show.jpg (97 KB, 980x980) Image search: [Google]
LCD last show.jpg
97 KB, 980x980
so which record is the best?

LCD Soundsystem
Sound Of Silver
This Is Happening

personally since The Long Goodbye came out I think I have listened to that more than any of their studio LPs. It just has this massive and explosive feel good quality that it maintains for the whole thing, beautifully produced obvs as well, liberal amounts of crowd noise and mid song banter add pretty well
>>
Favourite dance group of the 2000s and I wish they were still together. Alsp This is Happening is one of my favourite albums ever.
>>
File: james waving.gif (893 KB, 500x281) Image search: [Google]
james waving.gif
893 KB, 500x281
>James will never be your cool uncle
>>
>>60374508
Maybe Daft Punk instead of On Repeat, otherwise pretty good.
>>
I think they're great. Does anyone have a working link for a 320 or v0 version of their s/t? Archive links are completely broken.
>>
File: LCD.jpg (62 KB, 468x600) Image search: [Google]
LCD.jpg
62 KB, 468x600
>>60376606
>James will never unload his "coffee" into you if you know what I mean
>>
Sound of Silver was good, This is Happening was decent, s/t was bad.
>>
Bloop
>>
>>60377158
I've got the CD if you live in the Oxfordshire area feel free to borrow for up to 2 weeks
>>
>>60377262
Do you mean semen?
>>
>>60374440
this
>>
The first LCD song I heard was Drunk Girls and now I can't listen to them without thinking of that.
>>
I loved SoS but I thought their Fabriclive mix was completely fucking terrible.

(i.e. did you know they have a Fabriclive mix?)
Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.