[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Where does pic related rank on your all time greatest albums?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: graceland.jpg (16 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
graceland.jpg
16 KB, 220x220
Where does pic related rank on your all time greatest albums? It's my absolute favorite.
>>
It might make the top 1000
>>
Never heard it. I really like S&G (especially Bookends). Is his solo career similar stuff?
>>
I've only listened to Graceland to be honest.
>>
>>60361678
I would say similar, and overall probably not as good. But this album definitely is.
>>
>>60361678
>Is his solo career similar stuff?

His solo career is based on ripping off reggae and african and brazilian music, his neighbor calls it colonialist pop.
>>
Wouldn't call it one of my all-time favorites but it's a great album and brings back fond memories of my dad. You Can Call Me Al is GOAT though
>>
>>60361771
Do you believe in 'cultural appropriation' then faggot?
>>
Top 10, desert island list.
>>
>>60361842
Great song. I prefer Boy in the Bubble and Graceland, but YCCMA definitely third.
>>
>>60361851
No I don't, but it's actually on the documentary of Graceland

I felt the need to share it, faggot friend.
>>
>>60361678
I haven't listened to it either

d-do you want to listen to it with me?
>>
>>60361865
What do you mean by desert island list?
>>
>>60361708
Eh, I'll check it out at some point then.

>>60361771
Like Cecilia you mean? That song fucking sucks.
>>
>>60361658

7/10

Would call 'al'
>>
>>60361892
Lots of people do believe it, I'm sure. But what you consider 'ripping off' sensible people would consider inspiration.
>>
>>60361904
i reckon he means if you were trapped on a desert island and could only bring certain albums to listen to, Graceland would be on his list

also holy fuck these captchas have been very unforgiving lately
>>
>>60361908
Cecilia is S&G, not Simon
>>
File: image.jpg (65 KB, 473x615) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
65 KB, 473x615
Graceland is the only album I have ever heard
>>
>>60361987
Yeah, I know. I was asking if his solo stuff was more like Cecilia than the other S&G tracks.
>>
>>60362167
Not it's not, it's more gentle.

What's so wrong with Cecilia by the way?
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.