[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why did this become the "face" of vaporwave, rather
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3
File: Floral_Shoppe_Alt_Cover.jpg (31 KB, 316x316) Image search: [Google]
Floral_Shoppe_Alt_Cover.jpg
31 KB, 316x316
Why did this become the "face" of vaporwave, rather than say, Chuck Person's Eccojames?

Was it because it established the general "aesthetic" that the genre has been following?
>>
>>60360226
Eccojams isn't vaporwave you dip, it just influenced the materials to come.
>>
Meme
>>
>>60360226
Yeah, pretty much. It epitomises vaporwave. Eccojams was just one element of it, the drugged out samples and cuts. Far Side Virtual was another, the themes of e-commerce and futurism and the like.
>>
>>60360226
Isn't really surprising that Floral Shoppe took the Vaporwave throne. With one or two good songs tops and a recognizable cover, it was easy for pomo tumblr mememinds to latch onto and piss everywhere.

if it could be done all over again i'd rather it go down the disconscious/architecture in tokyo road to somewhere grimier and less-"aesthetic"
>>
>>60360244
what is it then?
>>
>>60360778
vaporwave, moron
>>
>>60361266
you got me
>>
>>60360226
opn and ferraro set the aesthetic
eccojams defined the sound, FSV defined the concept, together they formed vaporwave

then both of them, being respectable musicians, realized how fucking embarrassing it is to have invented vaporwave and pretended it never happened

meanwhile, hacks like vektroid conclude their 15 minutes of fame and go back to working at mcdonalds or whatever
>>
It's because it's the most popular album from one of the most prominent producers in the genre.

Vaporwave in its early years could be accurately described as "Vektroid and Internet Club plus like five other albums".
>>
Reccomend me some good vaportrap or funky vaporwave please im new
>>
>>60363318
Blank Banshee
>>
>>60363337
Listened to full album didnt get in to it much other than the start up sound song
>>
vaporwave is trash.

the only thing that stands out is that 2134 album or someshit. but thats just ambient
>>
>>60360778
chillwave you stupid fuck
>>
>>60363376
Wow then maybe it's not your thing?

I guess try Vaperror or Windows98?
>>
>>60360778
Proto-vaporwave is usually what its referred. Or Eccojams
>>
>>60360778
Absolute garbage. OPN probably did it as a goof.
>>
>>60363618
its one of the best albums to listen to when abusing substances
>>
So... chopped & screwed lounge music became definition of vaporwave?
>>
>>60363475
Well i do like parts of i and like the good parts of floral shoppe for example.
Ive listened a bit to vaperror, its alright. Thanks.
>>
>>60363318
>funky vaporwave
CVLTVRΣ - Upscale Loft 高級ロフト
Also
>>60363807
What do you mean by the good parts of Floral Shoppe?
>>
>>60363651
What substances? Smoking a floppy disk? There are a lot of other albums I'd prefer to listen to high.
>>
>>60363416
>2134 album
???
>>
>>60363318
Saint Pepsi - Hit Vibes
>>
>>60364034
Subjectivity, bromigo.

Best substance for vaporwave is a dissociative like MXE, DXM, or ketamine.
>>
>>60363618
is that why he's still doing it?
>>
>>60364358
I meant eccojams, not the other music he makes. Most of his stuff I wouldn't really call vaporwave.

>>60364357
I guess I could see that.
>>
>>60364170
2 8 1 4
>>
>>60363807
vaporwave isn't supposed to be good, it's supposed to create an aesthetic for the listener to observe
>>
>>60363376
you should try Blank Banshee 1 instead... a bit more mellow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sGT3tmZJ5s
>>
>>60365026
are you sure he doesn't mean 2047?
>>
>>60366946
If someone considers 2814's Birth of a New Day the best vaporwave album and also calls it by the name of the group, they know nothing about vaporwave.
>>
its the most memetastic of a meme genre
>>
>>60368081
most fagtastic post on a faggot board
>>
>>60363376

this is fucky funky
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qUPCzx9r3lM
>>
barely music, but some people seem to enjoy it for some reason, especially the transgenders.
>>
File: cover.jpg (300 KB, 669x669) Image search: [Google]
cover.jpg
300 KB, 669x669
I know this album is becoming a meme, but please satisfy my OCD. Is NOTIR vaporwave, or something else? He calls it hiphop but only a handful of tracks are hiphop, and it's a huge stretch to call it dungeon synth too. But it doesn't have the clean digital aesthetic of vaporwave, so I don't know what to classify it as.
>>
>>60368520
That album sounds way too different from vaporwave to really compare. Vaporwave is a clean empty mall with information kiosks playing on a lool, NOTIR is a dirty basement full of papers and wires and weed crumbs.
>>
File: KanyeSkirt.jpg (162 KB, 570x717) Image search: [Google]
KanyeSkirt.jpg
162 KB, 570x717
>>60368520
>implying anyone knows this album

>>60368463
pic related
>>
>>60360226
>Eccojams is for winners

this ain't
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.