[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>Always start with the first album. Do people really believe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3
File: 1423520477047.png (36 KB, 803x688) Image search: [Google]
1423520477047.png
36 KB, 803x688
>Always start with the first album.
Do people really believe this shit?
>>
Yes you can't fully appreciate later masterpieces without having the context of the artists progression
>>
File: 072.jpg (134 KB, 800x600) Image search: [Google]
072.jpg
134 KB, 800x600
Music should not be formulaic, nor should the listening be.
>>
>>60358881
I listen to music to have fun, not read an artist's autobiography.
>>
>>60358954
>fun
>music
ever
>>
>>60358954
Which is fine then but you won't be getting the full perspective of it. If you don't listen to it to understand and use in your own music it really doesn't matter then just enjoy!
>>
>>60358890
What kind of meme is this?
>>
If you've never heard anything from that artist, why not start at the beginning?
>>
>>60358954
but going through discogs are fun for me
>>
>>60359247
If they have critically acclaimed or a work that has been recommended to you, why wouldn't you start there and then expand?
>>
>>60359052
IRLuckystar
>>
Listen to them in whatever order you want, but the idea that you need to listen to the most accessible/most popular/best album first is retarded. We've all listened to music before, so we're all aware that the first album isn't going to be representative of the entire discography.
>>
>>60359282
>critical acclaim

shit plebs say thread?
>>
>>60359351
>we're all aware that the first album isn't going to be representative of the entire discography.

But you ARE going to listen to the WHOLE discography anyway, right?

So you start at the beginning and see how they progressed, changed, adapted etc
>>
>>60359573
That's what I mean. If you're aware that there's no need to give up after the first album, you may as well just listen chronologically.
>>
You have to listen to music in chronological order to understand the full narrative of the artist, much like it is shameful to go from Beethoven's Fifth before listening to Beethoven's First.
>>
>>60359282
Because I form my own opinions about music
>>
Fucking pepe mutations
>>
>tfw people are starting to take old memes from The Tourist seriously
I gladly welcome this new age
>>
File: turtle13.jpg (74 KB, 935x858) Image search: [Google]
turtle13.jpg
74 KB, 935x858
>>60360812
You'd think people would have forgotten 5 years down the line
Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.