[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So i got a dacmagic plus, headphones, drivers for the dac and
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: dacmagic plus.jpg (374 KB, 1800x520) Image search: [Google]
dacmagic plus.jpg
374 KB, 1800x520
So i got a dacmagic plus, headphones, drivers for the dac and a pc. I'm getting no sound at all. Am I missing something that's needed to get sound?
>>
Install gentoo
>>
>>60354155
Isn't that for linux?
>>
plug in the headphones
>>
>>60354195
They are. No sound. And it looks like the device is working too as the volume bar goes up and down when i test it, i just dont have any sound
>>
>>60354215
post a picture of the back. is ti connect via USB? And you said drivers were installed. Check that your headphones havent fried or something somehow
It could be a faulty unit too. Try all possible solutions
>>
File: sound.jpg (2 MB, 3188x1793) Image search: [Google]
sound.jpg
2 MB, 3188x1793
>>60354357
I checked if my headphones had exploded, they had not.
>>
whered you buy it from
>>
>>60354447
I haven't bought it yet, I got to borrow it for a day to test it before buying it.

Hi-Fi klubben in norway
>>
Do your headphones need power to use? Is this an Amp as well or just a DAC?
>>
>>60354480
They dont require power. All i have is the dac, headphones and my laptop
>>
i'm assuming you already did this since it's a rudimentary step, but make sure you have the correct source selected when you go to Sound on the control panel
>>
>>60354458
theyre probably the best people to ask then, youre not going to buy it of you cant get it to work are you
maybe take your laptop & phones into the shop and get them to set it up
>>
>>60354501
yup.
>>60354502
Probably, i just wantet to take this opportunity to compare my equipment so see if i want to buy it or not
>>
restart your computer
>>
>>60354761
I've tried
>>
>>60354778
restart your car
>>
>>60354833
Might aswell try that too
>>
>>60354137
>Am I missing something that's needed to get sound?
your ears
>>
>>60354840
have you tried using different headphones
>>
>>60354978
I don't have any other headphones with a jack that fits
>>
>>60355117
use an adapter
>>
put the headphone jack in your anus and let it warm up
>>
>>60355221
Don't listen to this asshole.
>>
Select the DAC in sound setting (right click on volume on taskbar) and set desired bitrate and sampling rate or use asio,wasapi compatible music player.
>>
What's the OS?
>>
>>60355290
Don't forget to set all system and software volume at 100 for maximum fidelity unless u are using asio,wasapi
>>
>>60355302
win 64 bit
>>
When i try to play videos or in general anything that produces sound it kind of just freezes up for abit. Really don't know what i'm doing wrong
>>
>>60355468
Check your audio devices.
>>
>>60355570
I have, it's set to my dac, same bitrate as what my dac is on
>>
Select source using button on front
>>
Make sure you don't have any audio devices or software taking priority over the dacmagic
>>
>>60355764
Ive tried
>>60355845
done
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.