[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
this album isn't half bad, nice instrumentals, singing is
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
File: 1989.jpg (106 KB, 1400x1400) Image search: [Google]
1989.jpg
106 KB, 1400x1400
this album isn't half bad, nice instrumentals, singing is solid and lyrics are a little juvenile but they're relatable

thoughts on it?
>>
>>60349569
Disappointing overhyped trash
>>
Taylor Swift is part of the "I'm not from the south but I want to be" subgenre of country that Toby Keith, and American era Johnny Cash are in
>>
>>60349689
>Johnny Cash
Johnny Cash is from Nashville.
>>
>>60349569
It's a clusterfuck of good and bad. Although artistically there are a lot of fantastic people behind her, and if nothing else I seriously believe that Taylor is trying to keep it real, I do not think she will ever be the real super hero she wants to be by playing fiddle to the celebrity music scene. The girl needs to cut some real low key shit in the raw with a different name and masked identity or some shit. The she can do and say whatever she wants, and it might be dope af.
>>
>>60349705
That's not what I was referring to
>>
It's okay. I liked a few tracks. I'm glad that there's someone at least trying to still put out concept albums.
>>
>>60349709
intimate acoustic album would be pretty cool to hear from her
>>
>>60349769
Taybraska when?
>>
>>60349769
I agree, but I think she could do a lot of other cool shit in the realm of creative dance music as well, and possibly trip-hop.
She's really a genuine artist, but she's trapped in LA.
>>
>>60349855
That's true, she's at the point in her career where any move she makes could either be a big success or flop, but knowing her marketability, anything she'll put out will be profitable. Personally, I think she should do a shoegaze album but that's just wishful thinking. Trip-hop wouldn't be a bad endeavor either. How she would fit her lyrical style in there would be a little difficult for me to think about right now.
>>
>>60349569
some tracks are good and some are trash, solid 9 to light 10
>>
>>60349855
I'm curious to see what her last album on the Big Machine contract will be like. Hopefully it won't be an Emerson, Lake & Palmer-esque half-assed thing.

And I wonder what she'll do when she comes back from her musical break.
>>
>>60349689
I live in the south and plebs here love this shit
>>
>>60349569
Taylor knew what songs were going to be a hit and what songs were going to be fadeaways that nobody would ever listen to. Anyone flipping through the albums could tell what would make the top 40, this album wasn't as good a work as RED.
>>
>>60350194
Red was the weaker album in my opinion but I see where you're coming from

she's amazing at making singles, but red was the album where I felt the singles outshone half of the regular tracks

1989 is solid in terms of songs, with only a handful of songs that seemed kinda poopy, either way, both made bank and that's what mattered in the end to the label
>>
From what I gather, she made it as a big 'fuck you' to everyone who didn't like Red, and I'm okay with that.
>>
Speak now was her magnum opus
>>
>>60349569
>singing is solid
there's so much obvious pitch correction/"auto-tune" that I can' enjoy it in good faith.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.