[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Have you ever had a period where you only listened to one artist?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2
File: musick to play in the dark 2.jpg (120 KB, 600x544) Image search: [Google]
musick to play in the dark 2.jpg
120 KB, 600x544
Have you ever had a period where you only listened to one artist? I've been binging pic related and other releases for the past two days
>>
I've been listening to only Car Seat Headrest for a few weeks
>>
>>60344380
>two days
call me when you listen to pavement for three months straight
>>
Autumn 2012 and Winter 2013 was completed dominated by Swans. I bought almost the entire discography during that period.
>>
>>60344415
*ring ring ring ring*
yo
>>
>>60344450
what up
is this emoposter
>>
>>60344524
dude hey lol
didnt expect to see you around here
hows it going these days?
>>
>>60344380
Yeah I think I listened to iamamiwhoami - Kin on repeat for like 2 months straight.
>>
Last year I listened to all the Lou Reed solo albums in chronological order, one a day.

It turns out when people say his late career was bad... they were right.
>>
>>60344547
o u know
crying in bed
>>
>>60344380
I spent a month last year only listening to Otomo Yoshihide albums, that was great but it really burnt me out for a bit.
>>
Lil B
Xiu Xiu
Björk
Phil Elverum
Burial
Common

all artists i did that with
the björk one was the longest i think
>>
>>60344616
cool
ill be doing the same later
>>
There was a two month period where I listened to nothing but Smile by the Beach Boys. I listened to it every day at least once. Unbelievably, it still feels reasonably fresh. I don't listen to it much anymore though.
>>
1st place on last.fm: Swans with over 2500 plays

2nd place has 290 plays

those Swans plays were acquired in a month
>>
>>60344670
best of luck
btw
was that always your lastfm user
cause i swear id seen it around before
>>
>>60344380
Been listening to ariel pink for 3 years straight now.
it's so bad I'm preferring his untitled fucked up raw tapes then majority of his studio albums now
>>
I've been listening to Gorillaz since I was 12, I'm 22 now. I've listened to Demon Days in full once every day for the past 6 years.
>>
i listened to marina's entire discog including all of her unreleased/demos for weeks a few years ago (before froot)

i used to listen to grizzly bear for hours at a time and then just rinse & repeat the next day

then i discovered mu and realized the only true way to consume art is to listen to a ton of different albums
>>
>>60344754
thanks
thats my only lastfm acc (desu)
i never bothered to make one before
>>
In this past year, Faust then Suicide.
>>
>>60344654
omg i've done the same for xiu xiu, björk and phil.
also animal collective, deerhoof, death grips
>>
>>60344834
hmmmmmm thats weird
anywayz
mine used to be zbellizzi
>>
>>60344880
ah, and aphex twin, beach boys, the beatles. think that's it, for pretty long periods of time anyway
>>
>>60344880
>deerhoof
FUCK i forgot about that
hell yes <3
>>
>>60344380
I think everybody goes through a phase like that. It's called being 12 y/o.
>>
>>60344881
cool
i would go look through it and judge u but i am lazy atm
>>
>>60345066
all u gotta know is that pavement was top artist :)
>>
>>60345046
upvoted!
>>
>>60345136
nice
(i looked at it anyways)
*judges u*
>>
I had a Sufjan week once and I didn't listen to anything else

I also did that with Beck the week after he won his Grammy
>>
>>60345197
*looks at the ground awkwardly*
*face turns red*
s-stop it
>>
I feel like you inevitably go through a huge sifting period of Ariel Pink's catalogue.
>>
>>60345270
*grins*
haha
i-im just joking around with u
ur taste is good ^_^
>>
>>60344380
Yeah I've been stuck just listening to Sufjan Stevens for pretty much this entire week so far.
>>
When I was in high school I went a whole month listening to literally nothing but the beatles discography and now I can't enjoy them. Feels like listening to recordings of mother goose rhymes or something of that nature.
>>
>>60346234
i have no clue how millions of dads around america listen to them
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.