[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which is the artist or group you can legitimately say you are
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11
File: aesop rock.jpg (72 KB, 445x332) Image search: [Google]
aesop rock.jpg
72 KB, 445x332
Which is the artist or group (as in a band or duo) that you like so much you could actively say you are close to being the number one fan of? An artist you like enough to go to their gigs, or actually buy their shit and that has sort of become part of the way you are perceived by people (as in people go "oh, X has been mentioned, Anon really likes his work").

Post as few artist as you can, one or two, and others guess stuff about you.

With me the only ones I can think of are Aesop Rock and the Wu Tang Clan's the GZA
>>
Neurosis

btw, I am also a pretty big fan of the bazooka tooth. Him and Eyedea are pretty much the only rappers I listen to on a regular basis (among the guys they frequently collaborated with)
>>
>>60339636
my own band
>>
>>60339636
Ghost Brigade
In Mourning

No fuck given if it makes me a fucking pleb. I don't care.
>>
>>60339712
I don't really know Neurosis, but yea, Eyedea was a lyrical beast, the aes-eyedea-slug-el-p days were the best
>>
Pink Floyd. Except I'll never go to a gig because, y'know, they're split up.

TS too. But that's a secret I'm taking to the grave.
>>
>>60339636
i wish i was a big fan of the residents

i wish i listened to all their records

i wish i went to their shows in south america

i wish i knew their identities so i could brag about it to people who think identities matter
>>
File: phil-elverum.jpg (357 KB, 800x427) Image search: [Google]
phil-elverum.jpg
357 KB, 800x427
Phil Elverum.

His music has been something that has helped me in life, and made it a better experience overall.

I try to support him in every way I can. Own his discography digitally, and am slowly building his discography on vinyl.
>>
>>60339636
La Dispute
Cloudkicker
Olafur Arnalds

>>60339743
I think they're pretty cool.
>>
Doseone

I feel an especially personal attachment to him because I've never actually met a fan of him before. I've talked to people who have listened to cLOUDDEAD, or Subtle, but it really feels like I'm the only one out there so dedicated to his discography. He's got dozens and dozens of albums and I own a large amount of them; I'm still making my way through his older more underground work. He's hands down the most creative hip hop artist I've ever heard, and he's been a huge influence on my love of music and poetry. He sounds like a whiny chipmunk a lot of the time but I still love him. Here's one of my favorite songs from him.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P9CPKEd-XSc&ab_channel=bococho

My most hyped album of 2016 is easily his new album with Tunde Adebimpe and Mike Patton, Nevermen. It really feels like a collaboration too good to be true.
>>
>>60339636
Same for me, Aesop Rock is too good
>>
>>60339738
whats your band
>>
>>60339636
Frank Ocean, I bought channel orange, then bought it again on the bootleg vinyl, and saw him live while he was touring for channel orange
>inb4 pleb
Shutup shtuup shutup
>>
>>60339636
None, t b h, i mean i dont really see the point in being a *fan* or calling mysel a *fan*
>>
>>60339891
>TS
This could be so many bands do you mean Twisted Sister? The Shaggs? Be less esoteric. Unless you wanted it to stay a secret even on /mu/ then kys anyway
>>
File: 1401x788-491948217.jpg (387 KB, 1401x788) Image search: [Google]
1401x788-491948217.jpg
387 KB, 1401x788
I've been a huge fan of RDJ for a long time. I'm not quite on the level of the WATMM guys, but I really enjoy his stuff.
>>
>>60342033
No shame in loving frankie oceanz
>>
>>60342033
Too bad he hates us
>>
Nirvana

Yeah I know it's pleb, they were the band that got me into music as a kid and ever since I've had a soft spot for them and their music. Only really listen to In Utero nowadays but still, always enjoyable when I listen to them, no matter what it is or how much I've heard it all before.
>>
Fugazi - I've listened to all of their discography, own all of it except for First Demo, Furniture, 3 songs, and Steady Diet because it's their only album I dislike. I'll probably end up with it soon though.
Busdriver. He's great, really what got me into hip hop.
Big Black. Shellac and Rapeman are great, but Big Black is even better.
>>
File: Sufjan_Majesty.jpg (424 KB, 1280x960) Image search: [Google]
Sufjan_Majesty.jpg
424 KB, 1280x960
He's pretty great
>>
Ween. And yeah, I have mad love for ace rizza
>>
File: deckar.jpg (20 KB, 388x382) Image search: [Google]
deckar.jpg
20 KB, 388x382
Dekkar
Particularly like their song "Empty Bottle"
>>
>>60342251
idgaf if his next album doesn't come out until 2028 i'm still buying the physical release

Channel Orange was the soundtrack to the period in my life where I learned how not to be a pussy and matured emotionally. I think the reason is because it impeccably captures the state of mind of a young middle class, American adult in the 2010s and dramatizes this generic life
>>
Jay electronica but it's probably because his discography is so small that everyone knows all his songs
>>
>>60342416
I really like the Pledge but I can't imagine being a huge fan of him as an artist. That EP is really his only solid release and it's like 9 minutes of music, plus he just seems like he's refusing to release anything just to stay "mysterious" because he doesn't have any good ideas left.

I like the Exhibit singles too but they're just singles. Idk about his unofficial stuff/mixtapes though, is that stuff good
>>
Built to Spill. I genuinely think they're one of the greatest rock bands, with one of the most consistently great discographies, of at least the last 30 years.
>>
>>60342530
There are definitely some gems in there like Abracadabra and Dimethyltryptamine

There is also this fan made mixtape called what the f*ck is a Jay electronica which is pretty solid too. What makes me angry about this guy is that he has so much potential but he's too busy moving around with the NOI that it has distracted him from making music. Lets just hope Jay Z gets impatient with him and forces the album release
>>
Deftones. When there's a Deftones thread on here I go insane and post so many replies. I think with them it's mostly very loyal fans, because if you notice the statistics on Deftones threads, it's a lot of posts, but relatively few posters.
>>
>>60339636
>An artist you like enough to go to their gigs, or actually buy their shit
this is what you think it takes to be a number one fan?
do you even like music?
>>
>>60343182
entitled fans these days baka desu senpai
>>
loren connors
>>
>>60343182
He's talking about actively supporting the artist and seeking to actually seeing them live, not only just listen to their stuff at home on the internet and shit
>>
>>60343182
It's called appreciating the art and supporting the artist through financial means.

>I download zip files which allows me to listen and have an extended knowledge of music
>>
death grips tBh
>>
Neutral Milk Hotel
>>
>>60339636
depeche mode.
>>
>>60339636
The Dear Hunter
Ben Howard
>>
>>60339636
El-P

Everything he touched is golden.
>>
>>60343258
>>60343261
i understand what the fuck he's talking about you chucklefucks
in what world is this going above and beyond? making you a BIG FAN of a band?
big fans see the same bands over and over, sometimes on the same tour
big fans own everything a band ever did, including EPs, singles, rare and limited releases

buying an album and going to a show = a mild interest

OP said "close to being the number one fan"
>>
Death grips tbqh
>>
>>60339636
>I'm a big fan of memerap
How do you sleep at night, pleb scum?
>>
>>60343312
Depeche Mode is what got me into music in the first place. They're still the only band I've ever seen live.
>>
>>60339636

Ulver
On a considerably less importance, King Crimson and Akphaezya

>>60339743

Hey i think i remember you
Aren't you that guy that talked about ghost brigade, saying something like that they are basically an alt rock band that happen to be metal?
>>
>>60339636

Elliott Smith
>>
>>60339636

ATDI
Touche Amore
Converge
CTTS
Brand New
Coheed and Cambria
Pink Floyd
The Hotelier
Snowing
David Bowie
Modern Baseball
>>
None actually.

There are individual albums and songs I love, and there are artists where I love a lot of their stuff, but I've just never been so enthusiastic about an artist that I'll love everything they put out and buy their merch or know all about their personal life. I've just never been a fan of anyone.
>>
Saves the day
El-p
Converge
Any band Wes eisold is in
Cage
Earl sweatshirt
At the drive-in/related band
Smashing pumpkins
>>
File: tumblr_mc23ehbaqN1qdy2yd.jpg (80 KB, 484x720) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mc23ehbaqN1qdy2yd.jpg
80 KB, 484x720
Shakey Graves
Tallest Man on Earth
Simon and Garfunkel
John Frusiante
of Montreal
>>
Muse

Its like they know what I'm ideaing.
>>
swans
>>
>>60342070
Taylor Swift
or maybe The Smiths
>>
Eric Harland

I went to NYC by myself and stayed three days in a little hotel to see two sets a night for three nights, and I hung out with him and a bunch of people on the second night, it was awesome.

Also, probably River City Extension. I'm probably the only person in the world to have all the rarest presses of their releases as well as one custom mixtape out of 10 that the lead singer made for people who ordered it.
>>
Earl
DOOM
Das Racist
Jai Paul :'(
>>
Big Star, the greatest poprock known.. to MAN
>>
File: Nick-Drake.jpg (618 KB, 2048x1378) Image search: [Google]
Nick-Drake.jpg
618 KB, 2048x1378
i would go to his gigs if he werent fucking dead
>>
Dylan.

My bootleg collection is larger than his official discography.
>>
>>60339636
Frankie Cosmos, Nana Grizol, Pavement
>>
File: images (4).jpg (19 KB, 310x475) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
19 KB, 310x475
I wouldn't say number one fan but I really do love Pavement (and Malkmus' solo stuff)

>>60342980
Love Built to Spill, they're really underrated on /mu/ for some reason. Perfect From Now On might be my favourite album ever. I'm seeing them next year, hoping to meet Doug since I've heard he's a great guy.
>>
File: vince.jpg (640 KB, 1200x630) Image search: [Google]
vince.jpg
640 KB, 1200x630
Probably Vince Staples and Snowing
>>
Modest Mouse and Aesop Rock, too. Yeah plebian etc etc, I don't pretend to know a bunch about music this is what I like the most
>>
Frank Zappa
Thread replies: 62
Thread images: 11

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.