[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Best album of the year so far? I think so.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1
File: Grimes_-_Art_Angels.jpg (29 KB, 316x315) Image search: [Google]
Grimes_-_Art_Angels.jpg
29 KB, 316x315
Best album of the year so far?

I think so.
>>
>>60338678
nice meme opinion
>>
6/10
>>
Please do not post that image here.
>>
>>60338700
6.5/10. Visions was a 6 and this is slightly better.
>>
>>60338686
You're not proposing anything but memeing.

>>60338731
This one is way better, probably 8.3
>>
Commenters on Stereogum were arguing that's there's an anti-women conspiracy on Pitchfork because this album wasn't given a 9+. Yes they wanted a fucking Grimes album to receive a 9+.
>>
>>60338756
you might not like Grimes but any publication that puts her, Julia Holter and Joanna Newsom below that awful Dr Dre album has a problem
>>
>>60338745
>8.3
No way, man. That's an AOTY-tier rating, and this doesn't come close. With a few more listens, I might be persuaded to go to 7. No higher though.
>>
>>60338756
>not liking a female artist is misogyny

i'm a tumblrina feminist but this meme needs to stop.
>>
art angels = 9/10
>>
>>60338678
Seriously does she go on Deviantart every time she needs a cheap album cover?
>>
>>60338822
a problem with women, or a problem with being sponsored by Apple?
>>
>>60339267
she made this one herself I think
>>
>>60338756
Not sure about anti-women conspiracy but there is definitely a kek conspiracy in p4k, all those terrible rap albums that have gotten 7+ score are a testament to it
>>
>>60338878
fuck off
>>
>>60338678
field recordings of the AAA gaming industry raping your face desu senpai
>>
>>60338678
only millennials like this t.b.h.
>>
>>60338678
Not quite AOTY but in the top 20 best releases of the year imho tbqh
>>
is there any artist that sounds like Grimes?

closest i get is Purity Ring but they're awful and Julianna Barwick but she's not as exciting
>>
>>60340186
You might like iamamiwhoami as long as you can handle the vocals
>>
>>60340240
just listened, wasn't a fan of the vocals, the production idk it reminded me of Sia or something. thanks for the rec though

when I think of pop I think of that type of stuff, grimes has such a charm to her music even in her most pop tracks like flesh w/o blood it's still so distinct from other artists
>>
>>60339558
She made the cover of Visions as well.

I missed the boat on P4K's rating, 8.5 seems to be the rating they give every hyped album that everyone's already been calling BNM for weeks in advance of P4K.
>>
>>60338678
good joke, artangels by taylor swift is cool yeah
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.