[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
An hour of out of tune acoustic guitar noodling.
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2
File: mmnot.jpg (103 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
mmnot.jpg
103 KB, 500x500
An hour of out of tune acoustic guitar noodling.
>>
So acoustic nirvana then?
>>
It was sick
>>
It's ridiculous that this got released. Half of it is just him talking to himself and making cartoon voices. I just can't believe it got to this point. This is something beyond scraping the bottom, this is redefining what can be sold as product. Is it even possible to exploit a dead man more than this?

I say this as a massive Guided by Voices/Pollard fan too. There's a track on here called "Kurt ambience" and it's basically just dead air. I mean fuck.
>>
>>60338479
just so you know guided by voices are shit
>>
>>60338479
>There's a track on here called "Kurt ambience" and it's basically just dead air. Imfao
>>
>>60338352
Yeah I like Jandek
>>
>>60338500
no
>>
>>60338352
What were you expecting? That cover is a misprint, it's supposed to say Montage of Hack (in reference to him being a talentless hack.)
>>
File: Jandek.jpg (31 KB, 380x305) Image search: [Google]
Jandek.jpg
31 KB, 380x305
"Jandek's not pretentious, but only pretentious people like his music." - Kurt Cobain

>I like Jandek too.
>>
Where can I listen to it for free?
>>
>>60338479
This. I'm a long-running fan of the guy, but the With the Lights Out compilation thing was bad enough. I have no intention of listening to this. There's nothing left worth hearing, and hasn't been for a long time.
>>
>>60338699
With the Lights Out is a fantastic compilation, this movie is just scraping the bottom of the barrel. I'm sure Kurt has better tapes out there that are just too weird to release, and it's probably for the best
>>
>>60338699
>>60338935
>not being interested in an acclaimed artists' creative process
>>
>>60339005
Keeping tracks hidden is part of the process. Like, once Carnival of Lights is released, there'll be nothing left from The Beatles.
We should give the future a piece of it too and not just burn through it all
>>
>>60339107
We are the future, m8.
>>
>>60339107
That's fucking stupid
If it's been recorded, there is no reason to not have it relased
>>
>>60338616
I bet you thought that was clever...
>>
>>60339151
I don't agree with the guy you are responding to, but I don't completely agree with you either. A lot of stuff like this is just trying to milk a dead cow, if they are going to release private unreleased stuff they should do so for free instead of trying to milk as much money they can out of desperate fans since the stuff usually wasn't released to the public for a reason and most of the time the reason is because it was subpar, all these sort of releases do is disappoint people that buy them.
>>
>>60338479
Whether or not this is scraping the barrel, I think Brett Morgan was quite clear on what he wanted to achieve with the album. It's supposed to be like sitting in Kurt's room, watching him jam and fumble and write, it's not a wall-to-wall best-of concert, there's supposed to be dead air etc.
>>
>>60340587
Yeah, I know what Morgen said about it, but actually listening to it now, it becomes really clear how exploitative and unnecessary it is.

With Morgen, I can't get past the central irony to the whole Montage of Heck project -- this film that mainly makes the point that Cobain mentally crumbled under the constant, invasive attention he was subjected to, and makes this point by intruding on and broadcasting his most private thoughts, writings, and home videos. Morgen may be correct when he says "Kurt's gone, we can't hurt him anymore" but that doesn't make me feel any less shit in realizing I'm basically participating in what helped to kill him.
Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.