[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Arctic Monkeys Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1
File: image.jpg (127 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127 KB, 600x600
I've just gotten into these guys, GOAT band. I love every single album. What do you guys think?
>>
if its 2006
amazing future of music they cant do wrong

if its any year after 2006
ugh
>>
>>60329747
this desu
>>
>>60328132
goodbye tumblr
>>
>>60329747
2009* otherwise ok
>>
this has to be bait
>>
>>60328132
first three albums are all pretty fucking solid imo
pretty retarded how this board immediately disowns any band that achieves any level of pop success
>>
BUT I CRUMBLE COMPLETELY WHEN YOU CRY
>>
>>60329932
Only AM is worse than Suck It And See, still, it's my favourite one.
>>
>>60329932
They've been disowned because AM was shit and Turner is a wankstain
>>
>>60330002
this desu
>>
>>60330002
it wasn't that bad, and once Alex went and found a sense of style, everyone got fucking pissy. why can't anyone be a rock star anymore?
>>
>>60328132
>GOAT band

CHOKE ON A BAG OF

D I C K S
I
C
K
S
>>
Nice bait you fucking idiot
>>
>>60330080
Everyone wants people like Dave Grohl, not rock stars. i don't like what Turner has become, the whole idea of a rock star seems stupid to me. still, i prefer that to Dave RAWK Grohl, he feels so fake.
>>
>>60328132
Whatever People Say - 9
Favorite Worst Nightmare - 7.5
Humbug - 7

rest are <5
>>
DESU I think they're pretty forgettable. I saw them open for Black Keys 3 years ago, and they were actually worse than the Black Keys. I'm not British though so I guess I didn't get swept up in their shitwave.
>>
>>60330080
he "found a sense of style" 5 albums in, he's a poser cunt.
>>
4chan loves to hate on them but they are one of my favorite bands and probably the best band to come out of the Indie rock/pop wave.

Humbug>Favourite Worst Nightmare> Whatever people Say I am,>Suck It and See>AM
>>
>>60328132
Damn they aged a lot, I remember back when they look so young and fuckable
>>
Whatever People Say and Favourite Worst Nightmare had such promise, such talent, such pizazz, bit unpolished but that could be helped, hell FWN was such a massive step up in that respect.
Then they went to the dessert to make a psychedelic album, but they're a bunch of simpleton punks from Northern England, with no spirituality or deepness in their soul or thoughts, so the result was fun musically but shallow and ultimately soulless.
Suck It and See? Pop-rock doesn't mean everything is clean, acoustic, sluggish and biteless, guys. Learn to bloody behave in any environment that isn't a god damn pub
AM. Well, they gave up. This is a radio rock record, more or less returning to the club scene of the first record but not as attendees this time, but as the soundtrack (in an alternate universe where clubs still play rock). It is fun, sexy, and swaying. But also hollow, and ultimately irreelevant. The promise is gone now. We can be sure they'll keep on making fun tasty records for the foreseeable future, but nothing particularly exceptional or interesting.,
>>
>>60330846
HUMBUG > ALL

wonder y alex started to look like michael corloene
>>
I didn't know Humbug was so liked. To me it was just boring, with the exception of a few songs.
>>
>>60330163
Obviously a lot of his cool relaxed guy is manufactured, but I don't get the "rawk" descriptor.
>>
>>60328132

Humbug >>>>>> Whatever People >FWN>Suck it and see>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>AM
Thread replies: 25
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.