[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
remember back when you first got into The Needle Drop and you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2
File: cal.gif (830 KB, 310x310) Image search: [Google]
cal.gif
830 KB, 310x310
remember back when you first got into The Needle Drop and you didn't really understand the whole Cal thing, but the joke slowly grew on you, and then at some point it started falling apart and you started hating the whole stupid meme
>>
>>60327909
>remember back when you first got into The Needle Drop
nope
>>
>>60327909
No, I don't remember ever getting into shitty meme e-celebs.
>>
File: yep.png (112 KB, 236x302) Image search: [Google]
yep.png
112 KB, 236x302
remember when your experiences were universal, and everyone led the exact same shitty life you did?
>>
>>60327922
>>60327935
>>60327959
ok, might as well delete this thread, the tone has been established and what a surprise, its "its shit"
>>
>>60327909
What are you talking about, Anthony cant really control what his roommate does in his videos.
>>
>>60328050
>be an adult man who makes 100k$+ and have a gorgeous gf
>still live with roommate?
Why do people do this?
>>
>>60327909
I'm, at the point of kind of liking Cal
>>
>>60328937
Cals probably a lot of fun to be around
>>
Does anyone else like to pretend they're talking to a friend while watching the needledrop reviews? Or is it just me?
>>
>>60328974
I wouldn't doubt that Cal actually owns the house.
>>
>>60329003
just you buddy
>>
>>60329003
;_;
>>
uh no because im not a 15 year old faggot
>>
>>60327968

u didn't delete the thread u fag
>>
>>60327909
>remember back when you first got into The Needle Drop

No
>>
>>60327909
last summer Cal was the best because he started to randomly personify idiot music fans or idiot needledrop fans
>>
>>60327909
R+7 was the review where it was really clear that Fantano didn't know shit. It's clear he has no clue how to describe what's going on in the record.
>>
>>60328937
Cal fucks Anthony's girlfriend when he is busy working on his videos. Cal is a scumbag.
>>
i got it from the jump u humorless idiot
>>
>>60327909
>got into The Needle Drop

I watched one video and thought the guy was a prick and why not just stay on /mu/ since he is the equivilent of a tripfag.
>>
>>60327922
>>60327909
>remember

Implying I was ever into such a shitty music reviewer.
>>
>>60327909
you read to hard into things and you sound like a whiny faggot
desu
>>
>>60327909
I never got the jokeless humour and thought he was really fucking boring, he was like the opposite of how most popular youtubers act. He grew on me for some reason though.
>>
I first discovered the needle drop and I was revolted. Not out of disagreement, but there's something about Anthony's face and speech and his mannerisms that just repulses me and annoys me on a visceral level. I got over it, though, because I am a sad lonely sack of shit and I need to hear a human voice from my computer at least once every 3 hours or I get depressed and start feeling empty.

Anyway, so I got over, and I discovered that whether or not I agree with him on an album is hit or miss, but that his criticisms are always shallow, vacuous, and, well, "memey" for lack of a better word. Like he'll say "This just sounds like a police song" and pause and make a face like that's supposed to convey to me, that not only it sounds like a Police song, but that I'm to automatically assume that's a good or bad thing (his face said bad, but he doesn't emote like a human).

I stopped watching him for like 2 years. I watched his review of the new Joanna Newsom yesterday. He repulses me again, after lack of exposure, but there's a moment in the middle of that review where he keeps stumbling over and over for words to describe something and I became convinced that man has no business criticising anything.
>>
>>60331259
He reminds me a lot of the herby friends I had that were active in the local hardcore scene and booked shows and played in shitty bands, except less insufferable.
>>
>>60331268

>his criticisms are always shallow, vacuous

Unless he's talking about Kendrick Lamar. In which case his dick gets wet.

Also damn fix your commas, ya commie

>vacuous, and, well,
>>
>>60331329
Makes sense, though. Comma before "and" like a good Oxonian, then another set of commas to separate the verbal tick "well". It comes across as awkward, but it captures the tick itself and the feeling. One could argue writing should serve as a buffering wall that eliminates those flaws but it is a good way to capture them nonetheless.
>>
>>60331551
What the actual fuck?
>>
>>60331551
ohhh, okay.
>>
>>60331551
You seem like you went to college Anon, I applaud you for a decent, well thought out, constructive response. No sarcasm, yous a good person.

Also it came across as weird cause of the comma after the fucking "and" too. :D
>>
>>60331551
good way to capture my fucking cock in your mouth
>>
>>60331551
You'd probably have to write it like that if you were writing speech for a character in a novel. But when you're trying to write out a response, just throw that "well" away.
>>
This just opened my eyes about how many people here found out about mu from needledrop
>>
>>60327959
lain is lain
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.