[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
B L A C K I E
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5
File: B_L_A_C_K_I_E.jpg (42 KB, 488x488) Image search: [Google]
B_L_A_C_K_I_E.jpg
42 KB, 488x488
What does /mu/ think about B L A C K I E
>>
horrible (especially live)
>>
>>60327115
>>>/trash/
>>
Tries way too hard. Also the whitest black person of all time
>>
>>60327115

Blackie is for people who think they're too cool to listen to Death Grips. Man the fuck up and just listen to that one album with the song No Love on it

LET MY BLOOD FLOW THROUGH YOU MANGGG
>>
>>60327115
that name sounds very racist
>>
>>60327158
>this is coming from a white person

>>60327181
You do realize people can like both?

>>60327197
>white people thoughts
>>
I ight
>>
>LaCour has been called a "one-man noise ordinance violation"[8] and his sound has been described as "equal parts fucked-up electronics, distorted pop-cult samples, guitar feedback, video game noise, and angry-as-hell street flow".[9] He at one point called it "U.S. Grime" and "Thrash-Rap", among other names,[10] and it has left several critics dumbfounded.[11][12]

so what, he is death grips jr?

Yawnnnn
>>
>>60327225
I thought he was before DG...
>>
>>60327215
lol it doesn't matter what my skin color is I can still criticize him numbnuts
>>
I saw he was playing Day For Night Festival next month and I was trying to decide if I wanted to see him or Flying Lotus, since I've heard Blackies are really interesting live.
>>
>>60327295
>I've heard Blackies are really interesting live

fucking racist

>>>/b/
>>>/pol/
>>
>>60327292
>Doesn't matter my skin color
Hello white boy!
Yeah but the whole "whitest x" meme is always said by white people.
>>
hes fucking trash
>>
>>60327384
lol
but I'm black, I was just stringing you along
fuck out of here
>>
>>60327417
>but I'm black
Sure my try hard white friend.
>>
>>60327437
looool keep denying it, you can't possibly be wrong or anything, right?
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (56 KB, 1415x874) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
56 KB, 1415x874
I like how he go in that guy hipster guy's face in the one video where he proclaims he doesn't care bout American and it kills it youth's with pointless wars, senpai desu
>>
Spred Luv is GOAT
>>
>>60327225
It's barely even rap, it's essentially a guy screaming over shitty noise music.

At least the Grips have structure to their songs, Blackie sounds like he makes this shit up on the spot.
>>
>>60327475
That video is a goldmine for confounded reaction pics.
>>
>>60327478
This. Guy's a bit overrated (with his whole discography) but SPRED LUV is fucking incredible.
>>
File: mfw.png (37 KB, 184x184) Image search: [Google]
mfw.png
37 KB, 184x184
>>60327115
>he listens to blackie
>>
>>60327475
>doesn't care bout American and it kills it youth's with pointless wars

wow, how deep, no one has ever made this observation before ever.

Lol, so this guy is like a stupider daethgrips?
>>
>>60327225
>>60327181

See this is why many DG fans are fucking faggots. You claim he's a rip off or a try hard of Death Grips, BUT HE FUCKING CAME BEFORE THEM! FYI : DG aren't the only industrial hip hop artist ya know .

Just as bad as people saying Kanye rip off DG
>>
>>60327521
It doesn't matter if you're one of the first at something if you suck.
(They're not even that similar)
>>
>>60327516
>Lol, so this guy is like a stupider daethgrips?
pretty much
he went around whining and calling them ripoffs for a while too, he can't handle failure
>>
>>60327472
Cause I'm not wrong my try hard friend.
>>
>>60327521

Literally taking shitposts this serious. Death Grips are the only good industrial nu metal band now fuck off.
>>
>>60327547
Listen to Spread Luv EP and above ground then talk
>>
So should I go see Blackie or go watch Flying Lotus?
>>
>>60327620
Flylo
>>
>>60327640
Second . Maybe Captain Murphy will make a guest appearance.
>>
>>60327640
>>60327661
Before Flying Lotus there's Death Grips and before that there's a time slot that's ??????? and I was hoping that was Captain Murphy.
>>
>>60327384
again, it doesn't matter retard
>>
>>60327970
Hi white boy
>>
>>60327986
Hi retard boy, have fun on your day with your helper
>>
>>60328017
>white boy has no actual argument against me
>so he just memes
thanks for yous you though
>>
>>60327158
I'm sorry, that title goes to to Hopsin.
>>
spread luv is the only good thing he's ever done tbqh
>>
he's pretty good guys just listen to this

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=B5RiImqJm_s

i wish i could get my very own music stick from blackie himself
>>
>>60327197
C.U.C.K.
>>
>>60327158
>black people who don't fit into my idea of what cool black people are like must be white :^)

I fucking hate this meme more than anything else in music. Especially when white hipsters who think they're super progressive say it. Is there anything more pretentious AND self loathing than this shit?
>>
>>60328517
More like C U C K I E amirite? XD
>>
>>60328335
how has this not gone viral?
>>
Pretty awful but The Selfishness of Evil Men is actually amazing. Pretty sure all his other stuff is just shit.
>>
>>60328752
the lack of cultural identity and experience with art containing subtlety is where the "whiteness" comes in

that said being black has a huge impact on your life regardless of your personality or even class.
>>
>>60327215
>>60328752
I'm black and I agree
>>
he's just as big of a meme as death grips, except he doesn't make good music
>>
Looks like I'm in the serious minority. I really like him and he has a great energy live. How he still tours and plays for rooms of like 30 people in a basement, but somehow isn't totally burnt out is mind boggling. Really respect him and had a great time during his 15 minute set I saw last week.
>>
>>60327521
fucking retarded btw
>>
File: Australian_qt.jpg (33 KB, 450x324) Image search: [Google]
Australian_qt.jpg
33 KB, 450x324
Why do Blackie fans get so easily butthurt like DG fans?
>>
>>60327158
what does that even mean lel
>>
>>60330664
I really don't like his music but I can second that his energy is great and I'm amazed that he's been doing this shit for like 10 years now. I live in Houston so I've seen him a bunch of times over the years and it's always pretty fun, guess I'll be seeing him again next month too. He seems like an alright guy in person, too.
>>
IMAGINE YOURSELF IN A FREE WORLD AN NATURAL WORLD was extremely good, except for when he was screaming. he has a really good voice when hes not doing that shit
>>
I really liked True Spirit and Not Giving a Fuck, and sort of enjoyed Imagine Yourself in a Free and Natural World. Is it agreed that Warchild is his best song as well as his most popular?

>>60331519
>>60330664
>>60327295
>>60327478
Shoutout to the people actually talking about his music.
>>
>>60327115
awful just like all rap
>>
>>60331572
warchild is his worst song and is usally used as a bad representation of blackie in threads like these. The best part and problem with BLACKIE is that he has little creative control or editing. A lot of his stuff on bandcamp seems very thrown together and the lyrics are often weak tropes of parianoia and fuck the system you could expect to find from a very emotional and angsty teenager diary or maybe an anarchist interenet forum. But he does breakthrough this sometimes. Some of the scattershot actually lands especially on "i write on money" and "knives" from wilderness. Fuck the false is the album that i find to be most simaler to death grips especciay the industrial grind on revoltionary party part 2. The rest of his material just dosnt land with me.
>>
>>60327115
Weak compositions, no songwriting skills, generic lyrics... I don't know man. I don't even see the comparision to Death Grips besides "black dude screaming".
Food for Animals, Dalek and Techno Animal are legit tho, and I even enjoy some of the stuff clipping put out.
Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.