[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why you love or why you hate. If you're "in between"
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
File: radiohead-ok_computer-cover.jpg (153 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
radiohead-ok_computer-cover.jpg
153 KB, 953x953
Why you love or why you hate. If you're "in between" you better have a damn good explanation.
>inb4 climbing up the walls
>>
>>60324513
I love it because it represents how I feel inside my head all the time. I like all of it but I especially like the tourist because i enjoy it's lounge-y psychedelic qualities, its relaxing and great to smoke pot to - I could say that about the entire thing though
>>
>>60324664
>I especially like the tourist
Hey man, slow down.
>>
>>60324513
idk it's like an 8/10 what do you want from me
>>
I love how spacey the songs are. Airbag/Subterranean HSA/Exit Music/Let Down/Climbing Up/The Tourist all have this ethereal quality. It's not my favorite album but its probably the one that influence me to seek out new/different music more seriously.
>>
I sorta love it. I like the flow of it (part of the reason why i actually like Electioneering) and i like the weird combo of isolation and happiness it displays.
Most of the lyrics are shit though.
>>
completely average rock record

probably the most overrated album in history
>>
>>60324513
i could go on for a long time, but i'll try to summarize

my favorite music is dynamic i.e. it changes a lot, has a lot of different ideas, very dense, etc

i used to dislike this album b/c i didn't like the chord progressions, but i kept listening and i found myself really liking how cold and angular and awry it feels. you have these grating songs (airbag, paranoid android, electioneering) next to calmer, blissful ones (subterranean homesick alien, no surprises, the tourist)

i also really like the themes...my favorite music is also conflicted. i like being able to hear an artist working through a question in their music, whether or not they come to an answer. this album is very dark and cynical (admittedly angsty at times) but you can tell it comes from a place of hope. it's a moment of sobriety, wherein you can see how fucked up western society is, but it's also a moment to realize that wallowing in that frustration & fear is going to get you nowhere.

idk. it's hard to explain. also, i just like how it sounds. my ears have their reasons
>>
It's good. I really like that song that goes,

"And is sayyyy, the sheehhhhh,

jackknife and sorcks

I am born again
>>
>>60327054
tree house of horror vol 44b
>>
>>60327098
Lol nigga it's airbag
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.