[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What do you think
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4
File: Viet-Cong-Viet-Cong1.jpg (68 KB, 608x608) Image search: [Google]
Viet-Cong-Viet-Cong1.jpg
68 KB, 608x608
Did you like this album or not?
>>
The intro is BANGIN wish there were more songs
>>
>>60321106
one of my AOTY!
>>
For sure. I know some people only truly enjoyed March of Progress from this LP, but I really enjoyed this album all the way through.

Did Women have the same vocalist?
>>
I just found this album, really linking it. More bands like this?
>>
some shit songs and some good songs. i liked it a bit more after listening to it a few times.
>>
Yeah, I definitely like the album.

But I sure don't like the band as people. That doesn't stop me from liking the album though. It's just really bothersome that these dudes were trying to go around and romanticize the war that turned my great uncles into terrorists.
>inb4 i shouldn't be offended because I'm not a Vietnam vet
>inb4 my uncles were just doing what their country told them to do, being 'honorable'
>inb4 they could have draft dodged
>>
>>60321183
yeah, women had the same vocalist/bass and drums
>>
Hellafuckingepic.jpg
>>
The only non boring song was Continental Shelf in my onion.
Album was okay though.
>>
>>60321415
>see Viet Cong live
>It Ain't Me starts playing
>>
>>60321235
Check out Women, Title Fight, Protomartyr.
They're each a little different but I've enjoyed all of their releases this year.
>>
>>60321415
It's a band name, come on.
>>
>>60321563
Er, minus Women. They broke up before some of the members formed VC.
>>
>>60321415
They are not romanticizing anything about the war, it's just a name.
>>
>>60321106
i mean it was good, but it would be much better if they had more songs like Silhouettes and Continental Shelf, Continental Shelf was my song of the year t b h
>>
what band made this album?
>>
>>60321106
felt kinda overpriced
>>
>>60321736
It's self titled.
Op's photo has the name.
>>
>>60321106
Death is song of the year
>>
>>60321754
there isnt a band called viet cong
>>
>>60321183
No, the vocalist in Women was Patrick Flegel, Matt Flegel is the vocalist in Viet Cong.
>>
>>60321106
I did
>>
>>60321814
This
Live it's even better
These guys put on a good live show
>>
File: 144320414544.jpg (186 KB, 962x664) Image search: [Google]
144320414544.jpg
186 KB, 962x664
>mfw some peoples aoty is a joy division tribute band
>>
>>60321415
What the fuck?
Stop caring so much jesus
>>
>>60321948
>joy division tribute band
>there are people who believe this
here's your reply senpai
>>
>>60321976
Yet WOT R U DOIN MATE?
>>
>>60321415
>>
everything up to Bunker Buster is weak but I love the rest.
Some seriously good vocals and lyricism
>AN OVERWHELMING SENSE OF REGRET
>>
pretty good. wasn't too big a fan of it, but the last track is pretty great.
>>
>>60322405
Another group of people bullied into thinking differently by news media and bloggers pretending to be offended
>>
>>60322451
I always start the album with March of Progress
Newspaper Spoons and Pointless Experience are both p weak, but everything after is great
Continental Shelf's a bit of a low point too desu
>>
>>60322532
Like they said, they're about the music. It's just a name.
>>
>>60321415
I had trouble sleeping tonight before reading this, thanks a lot guy
>>
>>60321948
>not This Heat tribute band
Do you even b8?
>>
>>60322578
Exactly.Thats all it is. But not to the people feigning offence, and they wouldnt be changing it if it wasn't for that
>>
>>60322643
There is nothing wrong with not wanting to offend people.
>>
>t-t-the name has nothing to do with the music guys
>pretty consistent themes of war all over the album
>>
>>60321235
This Heat
>>
>>60321235
Check out Ought if you want something similiar, but with some Talking Heads influence.
>>
>>60322780
Yeah, I don't get why they have to be these anti-PC heroes and offend people on purpose. People complained, so they figured they didnt want to be that kind of band so they ditched it.
>>
>>60323225
ought are watered down viet cong
>>
IT'S SUFFOCATING, SUFFOCATING
>>
File: 83bbf8ab[1].jpg (301 KB, 658x658) Image search: [Google]
83bbf8ab[1].jpg
301 KB, 658x658
Have you guys heard their "Cassette" EP? It's really good. Also Women's self-titled is incredible.
>>
>>60323737
Public Strain is infinitely better than the s/t
It's not even debatable
>>
after they change their name I guess I'm going to keep all their albums in the same folder
i'm not happy about that though
>>
>>60323358
I still can't unhear Spencer Krug singing that song, could easily be a Wolf Parade or Sunset Rubdown song
>>
A nice album made by this new fresh group, The Hitler's Youth
>>
>>60323737
i've been trying to find a 320kbps link to their s/t but i gave up after some weeks :(
>>
>>60323295
>>60322780

Its not a PC or anti-PC thing. If they didn't mean anything by the name, they don't owe the people who readily took it the wrong way, nor the bloggers and media who willfully misconstrued this non-issue anything, including changing the name.

That's pretty much it. Dismissing anyone critical of the name change as insensitive edgy wannabes isn't fair in the slightest.
>>
>>60323737
do you have an link for this beauty?
Thread replies: 52
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.