[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Why is this such shit on Windows? It's super laggy and constantly
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4
File: 20150630itunes_12_2_icon.jpg (118 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
20150630itunes_12_2_icon.jpg
118 KB, 1000x1000
Why is this such shit on Windows? It's super laggy and constantly freezes for me for 30+ seconds at a time. Is there a setting I can change to fix it or something?

>inb4 use something else

I'm using the 3-month Apple Music trial
>>
The hell kinda computer you have? Even on my super shit laptop; it never lagged for me. That's gotta be something with your computer.
>>
>>60321080
>iTunes never lagged
kek
>>
iTunes is shitty in general.

I classify it as malware, because it essentially makes you a hostage if you have an Apple device (iPod, iPhone).

Also not having ogg/Flac support is shit.
>>
Core i3 from 2010, all other apps run very fast. Maybe I should do a complete uninstall and reinstall, as some form of iTunes has been installed for about 2-3 years now
>>
fuck the trial, it's free anyways so not like you're losing out on anything
>>
>>60319553
>windowsc.u.c.k.
lol
>>
Works fine for me.

Might want to update from XP m8.
>>
File: tipping.gif (141 KB, 287x344) Image search: [Google]
tipping.gif
141 KB, 287x344
>>60321131

>Also not having ogg/Flac support is shit.
>>
just download Musicbee
>>
>>60321131
it has Alac instead of Flac, that's Apple's version of Flac, it's better than Flac because it's made by Apple
>>
>>60321232

Why do people prefer inferior Apple formats over Vorbis/Opus and FLAC anyway?

>i-it's the most supported

Non-shitty devices and players support these and more. Why settle with shitty .m4a and ALAC?
>>
Never use iTunes, not even if you have a Mac.
>>
>>60319553
itunes is always constantly freezing on me and half of the time i try to do something other than just play music it just won't do it. its one of the shittiest programs ive ever used
>>
>>60321270
Because when I download an album, I like knowing that it won't take up 17 GB of my hard drive.

320 is literally all you need in terms of music quality, and if you disagree, you're a victim of placebo effect and should probably start an expensive wine collection too.
>>
This shit lags even on OSX it's 80% of times you use force quit will be on it.
>>
>>60321319
that's true, they do take up lots of space, it must be really nice to have PLEBIAN EARS
>>
>>60321319

Opus have compresses audio better than mp3 (192 kbps sounds better than 320 kbps mp3).

Also, why the fuck are you complaining about space. HDDs are cheap.
>>
I used iTunes for the first time the other day to buy the new Weezer single, since I couldn't find it for download on Soulseek lol. What's so great about the Apple Music free trial? Is it even worth wasting my time for?
>>
>>60321267

Thanks Steve Jobs, now I can lick his dick in peace

huglahgulaghulahugla
>>
>>60319553
just use foobar for your library and spotify for streaming

it's what I use, and I've never regretted switching from iTunes to the two programs mentioned above
>>
>>60321412
It's not a matter of how expensive or cheap.

I just don't suffer from autism and don't want to buy 20 hard drives to serve the function of what I can do in 2 or 3.
>>
>>60321444
I'm using the trial because it's 3 free months of high quality streaming audio. Spotify is always free but unless you use premium, the stream quality is low. I recently bought good speakers so I want better quality to go with them. Once the trial is up I'll probably just use Spotify Premium or Google Music or Amazon music
>>
>>60321491

I know you're exaggerating, but FLAC albums are hardly 3 times the size of a mp3 one.

It's not only about the absolute best quality, you can convert from FLAC to many other formats, like the most relevant ones, such as vorbis and opus.
>>
iTunes for Mac looks great, works great, and is a pleasure to use. I think it's the best player on any platform right now. The only extra features I really want are things like multiple genre tagging, database integration (Discogs, etc), native last.fm support, and an album view mode where you can see huge album art kind of like iTunes for iOS.
>>
>>60321603

It's practically the only good OS X music player.
>>
>>60321131
You can convert your FLAC to ALAC if you're really that much of an audiophile, there's no real quality loss.
>>
File: test.jpg (68 KB, 1018x208) Image search: [Google]
test.jpg
68 KB, 1018x208
Anyone else have problems where Artists names won't appear in album mode? What is this bullshit?
>>
>>60321650

Why would I do that? Just to be supported by iTunes?

Can't Apple just apply FLAC/Opus/Vorbis support on iTunes? They literally have to pay nothing for it.
>>
>>60321603
It crashes all the time if you have a big library, Itunes stoped running smooth on mac long ago.
>>
>>60321693
The Album Artist tag probably is empty.
>>
>>60321693
If you click on the album and the click another one it should go back to normal. It's just a weird glitch
>>
>>60321153
check the version for old video cards
>>
>>60322640
Thanks, but it says:

>Only use this installer if you were directed to this page by the below alert message from iTunes 12.2 or later.

I didn't get that message.

The "video card" is built-in to the CPU but it's plenty capable of playing 1080p videos without any lagging.
>>
>>60321785
How big a library are you talking? I have 15K tracks on a three-year old MacBook Pro and my iTunes is silky smooth
>>
I have iTunes on a 2 years old MacBook Pro and since two months it's very laggy, i don't think i have much music (435 albums), and another "bug" i have now is that almost everytime i click on iTunes it appears on top of the page like it automatically scrolls up, even if i didn't close the iTunes page. It's fucking boring because i have to scroll back to the album everytime i click on iTunes

is there a way i can fix that ? or maybe reboot the app without losing my music ?

Can i uninstall and re-install it without losing music by the way ? That might be the easiest way
>>
File: lel.jpg (57 KB, 548x960) Image search: [Google]
lel.jpg
57 KB, 548x960
>>60319553
Hi, I thought this was funny. Ok bye now.
>>
>>60319553
its actually kinda shit even on mac to be honest.

they really need to redesign it from the ground up on not have so many different confusing tabs and options.
Thread replies: 38
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.