[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What's the big deal?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (66 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66 KB, 400x400
I tried listening to this album and it wasn't as amazing as everyone on this board says it is. It was ok, but by no means the BEST ALBUM EVER, why do you guys like it so much?
>>
We dont. get out
>>
only a few dozen people have actually heard this album
>>
>>60318640
I love NMH but pretend to hate it to fit in on /mu/
>>
not everyone on this board thinks it's the best album ever. get fucked cunt.
>>
Artist and title?
>>
>>60318726
Neutral Milk Hotel, second album
>>
>>60318684
wrong, nobody's actually heard it

jeff mangum is inserting false memories into our brains whenever we look at the album cover
>>
>>60318726
Smash Mouth - Astro Lounge
>>
>>60318640
gr8 b8 m8 i r8 8/8
>>
>>6031864
I actually do think this album is pretty great. Everyone's different OP. The wind instruments are really neatly orchestrated and not used a lot in this genre. The theme of the album is really interesting and I find Mangum to be a really good lyricist. And even if he's not a great singer, he still delivers some nice, nosey, raspy vocals that go along with the instrumentation. The modality of the songs is really interesting too. It's an all around great album. I'm really sorry you didn't like it as much, you're missing out.
>>
>>60318640
Give it a few more listens and you'll be oddly drawn to it.
>>
>>60318758
thx ill check it out
>>
>>60318640
It captures something about the human condition in a way that only the best art can. That's why it's the best album of all time.
>>
>>60318711
>//mu/
>>
File: 1445500137233.jpg (7 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
1445500137233.jpg
7 KB, 225x225
>>60318804
>It captures something about the human condition in a way that only the best art can
what would that be?
>>
>>60318758
fush yu mang is better
>>
>>60319000
Ebin maymays and the search for higher (spiritual?) love for the universe when faced with horrifying realities.
>>
ITAOTS is my favorite album, but im sure it isnt the best album ever, Im not even sure if its in the top 10 ever.
>>
drum
>>
It is in the best albums ever category
>>
4th listen is when it really clicks

the album is beautiful in a way that just makes you feel weird idk its good not aotyay but its really good
>>
>>60318640
Its what sums up /mu/s idea of indi folk music. Like a core album we can compare to other albums. just being real. op is either great bait or not bait
>>60318684
This is a well known album to the indi rock community. i see the vinyl in every record shop in vegas.
>>
>>60319000
>what would that be?
Fucking Jewish girls, staining someones mountaintops and loving Jesus Christ.
>>
>>60318640
well did you go into it expecting some giant post-rock masterpiece or something? because if so then yeah, it's going to sound underwhelming. It's the GOAT comfy album. Normies love it, patricians love it, contrarians like it. It's a nice album
>>
>>60318770
His vocal delivery is pretty good, even though his voice isn't very pretty. 'Oh Comely' is an 8 minute song where the instrumentation is just an unremarkable and kinda boring (by itself) guitar chord progression pretty much repeated for the whole 8 mins, but the song manages to keep things interesting until the end because of Jeff's singing.
>>
>>60318726
Is today your first day on the internet?
Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.