[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
People here talk shit about bands like Steam Powered Giraffe
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2
File: california.jpg (17 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
california.jpg
17 KB, 500x500
People here talk shit about bands like Steam Powered Giraffe but praise the shit out of this album that SOUNDS EXACTLY THE SAME

Epic swing sinister shit m8 xD so quirky and randumb

If this was more popular you elitist fucks would hate it
>>
But Mr. Bungle is popular

I see people mention them online a lot more often than SPG
>>
I think it's more so the way Steam Powered Giraffe present their sound. /mu/ thinks that anyone who associates with certain scene cultures (i.e. steampunk or seapunk) are idiots or whatever they make is really bad. I don't think they are that bad, but there's plenty who would just write off an artist because of their aesthetic or style. Most people don't even like Mr. Bungle on here for that reason. I do agree though that if it was more popular /mu/ wouldn't like it as much because of the people it attracts.
>>
>>60317297
>But Mr. Bungle is popular
this
literally babby's first avant-garde
>>
Mike patton has like a thousand bands, he is like the 90's frank zappa and he also has a bunch of rabid fans.
His most famous song was made with faith nor more and not mr.bungle

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZG_k5CSYKhg

Some say he was the inspiration for nu metal, which he is very ashamed to take credit for.
>>
Steam Powered Giraffe pander to their audience.
Mr. Bungle is still trash, but they never really adopted a certain look just to sell their music. I can get why people dislike Steam Powered Giraffe more.
>>
Steam Powered Giraffe sounds literally nothing like that.
>>
>>60317156

I don't know anyone who doesn't like this album

Sounds like you're just upset that people don't like the same things as you and as much as you do.

This is an 18+ board.
>>
File: Mate.feed.kill.repeat-cover.jpg (77 KB, 715x715) Image search: [Google]
Mate.feed.kill.repeat-cover.jpg
77 KB, 715x715
>>60317453

Slipknot was essentially a Mr. Bungle cover band back in their first demo. Even the visuals was inspired from early Mr. Bungle, in the s/t days.
>>
>>60317373

Nothing wrong with that.

Besides, I think it was very odd for a band like Mr. Bungle to be signed to a major label (probably due to Patton's success with FNM), so I'll go with that.
>>
>>60317682
I wasn't implying there was anything wrong with it, California is actually a 10/10 album IMO
>>
>>60317156

If you're drawing a comparison between this album and Steam Powered Giraffe then you didn't really listen to it all the way through or at least listen to it closely. I can see how some of the songs (especially in the beginning of the album) could give you this impression, but the album on the whole has a much wider range of musical styles than SPG covers.

Are baiting or just dumb?
>>
The opening part of this song sounds like an animal collective song.
Patton made that sound years before them

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uK8O5UgX8Z8

steam powered giraffe is some reddit tier goofy shit
>>
1. California sounds nothing like SPG.

2. SPG is shit, keep listening to shit music.

3. Bungle is extremely popular compared to SPG.

4. Bungle is not avant-garde.

Get fucked, go home.
>>
Try again tomorrow op
>>
>>60318524
but that would be too late, the post-modern empire is ending tonight
>>
I agree with OP actually, they both are CRINGY AS FUCK
>>
I love Mr Bungle but I pretend to hate it to seem cooler than the rest of /mu/
>>
>>60318613
me too :(
>>
>>60318613
>>60318627
What a pair of faggots. Choke on a dick like OP
>>
>>60318645
>not wanting to be one of the cool kids
get fucking fucked, nerd
>>
Is hating Bungle a new meme now?
>>
California is one of the greatest albums of all time you dip
Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.