[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Does anyone actually like this unironically ?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4
Does anyone actually like this unironically ?
>>
I do. I dislike vaporwave but it gave me a creepy sense of deja vu. I still find some of the songs catchy and its kinda relaxing to listen to in the way that those terrible comp disks sold on television in the early 00s were.
>>
>>60309871
it's kinda soothing. I'd probably go so far as to say I like it.
>>
I think vaportrap is the greatest new genre of this past year.

I'd go far as say misogi, sorrysines, thrash lord, nvrmore, madi Larsen, etc are the best artists this year.

Pure vaporwave is pretty bad usually though
>>
>>60309871
nno
>>
>>60309871
yes.
>>
>>60309871
I think the first 2 tracks are amazing

the rest of it sux senpai
>>
>>60309871
Literally the most uncreative music genre
>>
>>60309871
me, smoothing as hell, makes me want to walk in a isolated shopping mall, transporting me back to the 80's with constructed nostalgia feel
>>
>>60309871
it's pretty good- I don't like Macintosh Plus as much as this album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9L4q-0Pi4E
>>
A ES TES T HI CS
>>
>>60309871

i do

>>60309968

>hybrid genres
>"new"
>>
something for everyone
>>
>>60309968
>I think vaportrap is the greatest new genre of this past year.
>this past year
>this past year

hi newfag, this isn't 2013
>>
if i listen to more than 5 minutes of it earnestly i just get sick to my stomach. so, no
>>
File: Vaporwave feels.jpg (193 KB, 1200x1140) Image search: [Google]
Vaporwave feels.jpg
193 KB, 1200x1140
Anyone not liking high quality vaporwave/future funk is either too young or too old. Not from the 90's master race.
>>
File: Y55dMmn.jpg (45 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
Y55dMmn.jpg
45 KB, 500x500
yeah, I think it's a genuinely solid album
>>
It reminds me of growing up in the early 2000s in parents beach house listening to mom's 80's greatest hits albums and still using VHS even thought it was obsolete by then.
>>
just listen to retro 80s music radio station. god damn it
>>
>>60309871
I do, mang.
>>
>>60309871

it's pretty soothing when songs are stuck in loops and the comes back into a melodic beat for a while then glitches out again.
>>
I do
>>
>>60309871
Like some other anon said, first two tracks are pretty great. Lisa Frank 420 is probs going to go down as one of my fav tracks of all time because of all the personal significance it has to me. Always play it when I get high with friends.
>>
>>60309871

Macintosh Plus? Kinda memetic and overrated, but it's okay

Vaporwave in general? Hell fucking yes

>>60310638

This is perfect in the nighttime

Listen to it every night coming home from work
>>
>>60311442
Some people ain't right in the head, I tell ya hu-what
>>
I like vaporwave, but not this album.
>>
its a gimmick genre

good for one or two songs but then everything else just sounds the same
>>
>>60311355
This is exactly right.
>>
>>60311355
This
>>
>>60309871
It's not very good, but it's easy to get into for people who want to be into obscure (relative to real life, not the internet) music.
Also, the tranny viralled the SHIT out of this album on here for months if not years, so this is actually a nice example of a viral campaign leading to widespread acceptance.
>>
>>60310638
This is pretty great
I think 99% of vaporwave, including floral shoppe, is lazy as FUCK. Once actual artists put in some work, some great music can be created.
>>
>>60313882
Floral Shoppe may be lazy, but it still manages to be a very iconic album in the genre. It has some very great moments that makes me want to return back to it although some very weak moments that feel, as you said, lazy as fuck.

If anyone who likes Floral Shoppe or atleast thinks it's alright, they should definitely check out Chuck Person's Eccojams.
It's basically the same thing done 5 times better years earlier.
>>
>>60313958
See, here's what I wonder: How big an impact on your enjoyment does the fact have that it's been posted on here tons? I think that's a big factor that is not to be underestimated.
>>
>>60313979
None personally. I listen to it at times and genuinely enjoy specific tracks a lot, even though it gets a lot of shit on here because of it's meme status.
>>
Yes but I think most new vaporwave is bland as fuck. I remember when Florale Shoppe dropped on Beer on the Rug. My friend sent me it and I fell in love. Now everything is derivative, not in a good way either.
Thread replies: 35
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.