[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is this only though of as bad because of how mainstream it made
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2
File: ai.png (9 KB, 225x225) Image search: [Google]
ai.png
9 KB, 225x225
Is this only though of as bad because of how mainstream it made the band? So many people hate this album, and this marked a point where the band became thought of as cheesy and for middle schoolers
>>
>>60309260
look at the cover and you will find your answer
>>
>>60309260
I loved this album when I was 9. I'm 20 now and I still like it
>>
It's a great introduction to concept albums
>>
>>60309260
I got this lil baby on vinyl no shame
>>
>>60309318
#StopMusicShaming
>>
>>60309268
I agree with the sentiment. I love Dookie other early Green Day. I was also young when American Idiot came out and absolutely loved Jesus of Suburbia at the time of its release. Although, now I look at the early albums and whole-heartedly enjoy them as I would any other project. I listen to American Idiot and don't like it as much as the early shit. So my point is what went so wrong? Did they change drastically or were the just treading a line of cheesiness that they ultimately crossed with American Idiot?
>>
>>60309351
#PopPunkMatters
>>
Anything after Dookie sucked. But Dookie still kicks ass.
>>
>>60309353
i think it was just a case of them getting older and losing that young spunk that made their earlier material so enjoyable
>>
green day were a late 90's pop punk band but then pop punk became unpopular and this was around the time emo became popular, so the started dressing like my chemical romance.

But then emo became unpopular and green day didnt seem to get that message and they made 21st century break down

after this album they should of made a folk punk album
>>
Its a great album. So what if its mainstream and accessible as fuck; why do you care? Thats how you know if someone uses music to shape shift instead of just listening to it for pure enjoyment.
>>
>>60309432
poptimists like you continue to show they have no taste in music at all
>>
>>60309440
Damn dude. You destroyed him. You really got him. I bet he's crying right now.
>>
>>60309498
not who u replied to but why are u pretending to be someone else?
>>
>>60309514
Where did I pretend to be another person? I said "You destroyed HIM", You really got HIM", and "I bet HE'S crying right now."
>>
how much of a faggot am i if i still consider this my favourite album of all time? please respond
>>
this came out when i was in middle school and i loved it
>>
>>60309531
give it up bro... u didnt even try changing your writing style
>>
>>60309260
>how mainstream
no? they were huge when longview came out, this did kind of revive their popularity though

i still genuinely love this album, it's probably my fourth favourite green day record
>>
>>60309392
OP here, that's what my best guess was
>>60309394
You just explained it better than the first guy.
>>60309432
I genuinely liked American Idiot, but now I find it a bit cheesy for my current taste. I still love Dookie and Insomniac still. I also think Billy Joe Armstrong started looking like a douche around American Idiot's release. I don't let that affect my opinion of the album THAT much though
>>
File: 20151111_011902.jpg (825 KB, 2048x1152) Image search: [Google]
20151111_011902.jpg
825 KB, 2048x1152
>>60309556
>>
>>60309669
such utter faggotry

at least rotate the picture if you're sad enough to try to prove a stranger on a mongolian scrapbooking social network
>>
>>60309669
i have been proven wrong..
>>
This album is when Green Day really started to suck. I mean, holy shit, what are half the songs even about?
>>
>>60309669
You're a stubborn bastard, but you're also right. Congratulations
>>
>>60309767
do you have a brain? not too hard to comprehend. perhaps try passing the first grade before listening to this album again
>>
>>60309774
>You're a stubborn bastard

It's the autism
>>
>>60309389
I think Insomnia and Warning are decent.
>>
>>60309767
George W Bush or something vaguely some shady of half-baked "punk"
>>
>>60309797
Autism is such a blanket term on 4chan
>>60309799
I agree those albums are both great
>>
>>60309767
Disaffected youth in post 9/11 America, how could you miss that?
>>
>>60309800

learn to form sentences
>>
>>60309996
learn to fuck off
>>
>>60309800
>>60309996
>>60310002
lol
>>
Great memories of listening to it at parties with friends in high school.
The whole thing is pretty much a flawless album, but Jesus of Suburbia, Holiday and Letterbomb are obvious standouts.

One of those albums that I will listen to until the day I die to remind me of the "good old days."
>>
I liked Green Day before hating them became "Hip" or "Edgy" or whatever. Fuck off!
>>
Green Day was only good in the 90s and should have stayed in the 90s.
>>
>>60309260
>>60309353
Green Day was already sellout major label mainstream Punk rock when Dookie came out.
Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.