[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Now that the dust has finally settled, what's your honest,
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3
File: tpab.jpg (119 KB, 1000x1000) Image search: [Google]
tpab.jpg
119 KB, 1000x1000
Now that the dust has finally settled, what's your honest, non-memetic opinion on this album?
>>
6/10 desu senpai
>>
>>60304804
Top 3 shit this year (hip hop) imo
>>
Still 10/10
>>
7/10
Not as good as GKMC
>>
>>60304804
A pretty good but also pretty fragmented album. Some parts are great, others lacklustre Tbh fām
>>
like 5.5-6/10

would be an 8 if someone more talented made it
>>
It's incredible
>>
Phenomenal production.

9/10 tbqh
>>
File: Art Angels.jpg (272 KB, 1000x1003) Image search: [Google]
Art Angels.jpg
272 KB, 1000x1003
A bunch of pretentious bullshit. "Whoa I'm discovering myself." Pic related did a better job at expressing her true self. Fuck Kendrick hype.
>>
6/10

like there are good tracks but it's not an album I can just listen to all the way through
>>
>>60304804
obnoxious, boring, shitty, not my taste at all, etc.
>>
>>60304874
TPAB is a 6/10, very overrated but still good
that album is a legit 2/10
>>
>>60304804
8.5/10

Could've been a 9, but it gets too preachy at times (without balancing it out with upbeat stuff, like Public Enemy do). It also has a tendency to celebrate itself.
>>
>>60304898
lol go listen to young thug pleb
>>
>>60304927
i don't listen to him either lmao
>>
>>60304905
>TPAB is a 6/10, very overrated but still good
came here to post this
>>
>>60304947
you should unlike kendrick he's really good desu senpai
>>
Only sub-par song is Alright.
>>
THIS
DICK
AIN'T
FREEEEE
>>
>>60304982
what
>>
I loved it, and I think after hearing it again, its still great, a few tracks i could deal without, but overall, pretty great album, its not for everyone of course.
>>
>>60305029
you should listen to thugger thugger
forgot to put a comma there
>>
This phallus is not without cost.
>>
the last track, "Mortal Man" makes this an amazing album outro, come on now you guys... the creativity though,,,
>>
>>60304983
best song on the album LMAO

solid 9/10 album. Anyone who says its too preachy doesnt like conciesnce music and should just admit that instead of bashing on this album. IF you dont like funk, you wont like this album. If you dont like jazz-rap (VERy different from jazz) you wont like this album

this is an album for people who have eclectic music taste and are able to appreciate conceptual albums.

If you like this album its metal equivalent is kezia, but instead of the struggle coming from an internal Afrocentric perspective, the struggle comes from an external source of hope and how that conflicts itself with societal pressures.
>>
9.4/10

GKMC is a 9/10

TPAB has better production, lyricism, concepts and cinematic and creative aspects IMO
>>
>>60305071
bait
no one reply to this post
>>
>>60305054

I like it and I showed my friend the album recently. He's not much into rap (neither am I) but I like a few artists and he really liked it.

Only songs I didn't play were Instituionalized and Mortal Man. Because one is a bit boring and one is wayyyyy too long. But yeah.
>>
File: beauty.jpg (27 KB, 620x465) Image search: [Google]
beauty.jpg
27 KB, 620x465
>>60305080
lmao
>>
>>60305051
no thanks
>>60305071
how high are you
>>
When I was listening to the album I was kinda disappointed at first. I was hoping for something like GKMC. I wanted to hear Kendrick’s smooth and calm voice on a slow beat. However, the longer the album played, the more I started to appreciate the album. When Mortal Man finished, I was amazed, and I started to understand the album so much better.

What I like so much about the album, is the fact that it’s so abstract. The whole album captures a feeling, a nuance that you can not describe with words, or a couple of songs. This feeling is not only told by words, but by the combination of the weird jazzy/funky production with the lyrics. The production doesn’t support the lyrics, but it’s a perfect whole.

The album is very vague, until “The Blacker The Berry” comes on. And here is when it becomes interesting. To me, “The Blacker The Berry” is the first song with a concrete message, an idea, or opinion. Everything before that is a bit vague, very poetic, you don’t really know what Kendrick is trying to tell us. The conclusion starts from The Blacker The Berry, is continued in “i”, and is of course finished in “Mortal Man”.

The album celebrates blackness, but it turns out to celebrate unity even more. The album wants tells us to stop thinking in “we” and “them”.

The second listen was amazing for me. The album doesn’t have absolutely amazing groundbreaking verses, but every song contributes to captures a nuance that words can’t describe.
Why did we like good kid, m.A.A.d city so much? Was it because of the Illmatic-like verses, full of crazy rhyme schemes, punchlines, double entendres? No, we liked it because it is so good as a whole, and the poetry. Take one song away from GKMC, and the album isn’t the same anymore. The same goes voor TPAB. It’s one giant poem
>>
Nowhere near the aclaim it got, but not bad. 7/10
>>
>>60304912
this is probably the most sensible criticism of this album i've ever seen. it's a personal 10/10 for me, but i totally understand what you mean. keep posting here please
>>
>>60305108
your loss
>>
It's gotta be a 9/10 for me when it came out it was an 8, then I thought it was a 10, but I'm settling at a 9.
>>
>>60305123
this was incredibly well written
>>
probably my favorite album of the decade so far

sorry /mu/
>>
>>60304804
I still love it. I just really enjoy the songs, I don't know what else to say.
>>
When I was listening to the album I was kinda disappointed at first. I was hoping for something like GKMC. I wanted to hear Kendrick’s smooth and calm voice on a slow beat. However, the longer the album played, the more I started to appreciate the album. When Mortal Man finished, I was amazed, and I started to understand the album so much better.

What I like so much about the album, is the fact that it’s so abstract. The whole album captures a feeling, a nuance that you can not describe with words, or a couple of songs. This feeling is not only told by words, but by the combination of the weird jazzy/funky production with the lyrics. The production doesn’t support the lyrics, but it’s a perfect whole.

The album is very vague, until “The Blacker The Berry” comes on. And here is when it becomes interesting. To me, “The Blacker The Berry” is the first song with a concrete message, an idea, or opinion. Everything before that is a bit vague, very poetic, you don’t really know what Kendrick is trying to tell us. The conclusion starts from The Blacker The Berry, is continued in “i”, and is of course finished in “Mortal Man”.

The album celebrates blackness, but it turns out to celebrate unity even more. The album wants tells us to stop thinking in “we” and “them”.

The second listen was amazing for me. The album doesn’t have absolutely amazing groundbreaking verses, but every song contributes to captures a nuance that words can’t describe.
Why did we like good kid, m.A.A.d city so much? Was it because of the Illmatic-like verses, full of crazy rhyme schemes, punchlines, double entendres? No, we liked it because it is so good as a whole, and the poetry. Take one song away from GKMC, and the album isn’t the same anymore, especially when Jamal let me do clean up on my wife to the closing track.
>>
It's okay. Too long, lyrics are generally shite aside from a few lines. The jazz parts are great, as is most of the production. Blacker the Berry is great, if a bit over the top. A lot of the middle of the album is totally forgettable

6/10.
>>
>>60304874
was she referencing him with the title of the last art angels song
>>
Honest 10/10 momma and complexion really get to me
>>
Fav line desu

>UGH, BUSY MY NUT IN WHITEYS WIFE
>KEK THAT MOTHAFUCKA AND GIVE HIM THE KNIFE
>FUCK THE AUTHORITY FOR KEEPING US DOWN
>>
Good album, love it a lot, love how pissed the "anti-PC" crowd gets about it, fuck you :)
>>
But seriously though "i" is a top 10 pop song of all time. Feels good man. Play it for your friends, everyone has a good time.
>>
>>60304818
>>60304838
>>60304855
>>60304874
>>60305014
>>60305052
>>60307763
>non-memetic opinion

Try again boys
>>
8/10 at max, I'm sorry but everything Outkast has ever done is better than this album. GKMC is still absolutely fucking fantastic and should be regarded as one of the best rap albums to come out in the last decade
>>
>>60308101
Really? I don't think OutKast was as well fleshed out and natural as TPAB.

Like, I love me some Aquemini but this is on par to far better IMO.
>>
>>60304804
completely overrated, not as good as GKMC. Still a pretty solid hip hop album but retards thinking jazz instrumentals in hip-hop is groundbreaking know nothing about hip-hop. Also retards thinking a common theme or concept throughout the album is groundbreaking is laughable. Also retards thinking social commentary about black people's hardships is somehow groundbreaking is the MOST laughable. The album is ok, very preachy sometimes and not subtle at all. Lupe's new album tackled similar themes with much more artistic subtlety. Also the dick ain't free shit literally is painful to my ears.
>>
>>60306304
Jokes on you, I am Jamal, and I fucked your wife.
>>
9/10

I am still amazed at the combination of very well-written lines, incredible (by all measures of the word) production, insane variation in vocal delivery and flow, and comprehensiveness. It's an album without par this year and probably decade. Nothing is as fleshed out and, for lack of a better word, deep. Kendrick touches upon so many different aspects of American society and this is true of the production which has an amazing backing band and all. It's hard for me to capture all my feels into text on this album because I'm still digesting it over half a year since it has come out. Every time I listen to it I discover something new. What more could you want?
>>
6/10, good kid, m.a.a.d. city was honestly better. Maybe it's just because I'm not too crazy for jazz rap.
>>
>>60308515
This desu senpai. I think if anyone is truly dissecting the record for what it is then they couldn't even argue objectively lower than an 8. That said, the album is still a 10/10 for me.
>>
6/10 decent but not great
>>
>>60304804
The word meme should also be added to the filter list.
>>
i understand it's important given current state of affairs but it's boring, doesn't introduce anything new, and relies on the borrowed flyinglotus instrumentation that most likely won't age well

i probably won't ever listen to it again

4.5/10
>>
Am I the only one that thought Mortal Man was cringe as fuck? The whole Tupac thing made me turned off.
>>
>>60304804
average production, alright lyrics for someone that isn't black like me, good use of jazz, variation on style.
8/10
I believe GKMC is still better
>>
>>60308515
This. People are afraid of truly liking something. Regardless of if the album appeal's to someone's artistic sensibilities or not, they are totally ignorant in saying the album is garbage, mediocre, etc. - it's triumphant in its execution and in its ambition alone.
>>
8/10 if we're talking about the music without any politics attached.
>>
>>60304874
this is the worst album of 2 0 1 5
>>
>>60308618
flying lotus produced one track in that album

you clearly have no idea of what youre talking about
>>
>>60305123
you're going to be called reddit or kek by angry poltards and memers, but this is spot on.
>>
nice album , took me like 4 months to like it
>>
>>60307807
"You don't like this album therefore your opinion is a meme"

No fuck off
>>
Now that the dust has finally settled I want a BBC for my wife
>>
>>60304804
Too much fucking skit shit
Thread replies: 68
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.