[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Drake Thread
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2
File: drake.jpg (163 KB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
drake.jpg
163 KB, 1500x1500
As always when making a thread, you run the chance of making a thread where you're gonna receive a lot of negative feedback and hate, and people using derogatory slurs and such. I hope this is a more respectful community to let my opinion be my opinion, but please, if you have any interests, cool topics, or favorite songs regarding this man, who I regard to be one of the best rappers right now, please leave a reply. :D
>>
>>60303402
One can only hope :D
>>
drake's album covers make it look like his music is supposed to be taken seriously but it really isn't

doesn't he have a song about fucking drunk dialing?
>>
File: 1341074181375.jpg (26 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
1341074181375.jpg
26 KB, 300x300
>>60302997
The risk of getting negative feedback on your thread increases if you write like a complete autist.
>>
>>60303456
It's fine lmao I know I'm the bigger person why should I give a fuck if some loser tries to troll me on 4chan. irdgaf
>>
>>60302997
Didn't he got pissed on?
>>
>>60303435
Personally I think his production is pretty fantastic, I can't say I'm deep enough to listen to every lyric and read deeper into it, but the song you're referring to, "Marvin's Room," is actually one of my favorites. The beat is good, I like the flow and I just think it's a good song, yeah it's immature and is hard to take seriously if you read deeper into the lyrics, but I simply don't. Thanks for a constructive reply though
>>
>>60303550
Pretty sure that's a rumor, but it could be true, I think it related to T.I. or something in a movie theater
>>
>>60303554
>his production is pretty fantastic
>but it's immature and is hard to take seriously if you read deeper into the lyrics, but I simply don't
this is what's always been wrong with music. people buying into flashy "production" at the expense of content
>>
>>60303619
Of course! You're completely correct, I wish I could be deeper and listen to every lyric and try to understand what good music feels like, but I'm not listening to Top 40, or anything, but simply put, if a song has a nice beat that I like (mostly R&B and Rap) then I'm most likely gonna like the song and not read that deeper into it. Sometimes when I'm bored I'll go on to Genius and see what some people annotate about what they mean about the lyrics, but even then I get more bored kinda quickly.
>>
>>60303435
>drake's album covers make it look like his music is supposed to be taken seriously but it really isn't
his music is pretty serious. What he has to say comes through on the entire album, not on a track-to-track basis. Kinda like MBDTF
>>
>>60303699
I personally love MBDTF, I think it may be one of Kanye's greatest albums, and I think I understand what you're saying, his music as a whole on his albums is made to be serious.
>>
I want elitist /mu/ to come back.
>>
>>60302997
drake is a representative of this generation's love of being passive aggressive Assholes who only like "ironic" jokes when its not directed towards them

Genius. Remember to avoid people who say drake gets them.
Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.