[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Well, color me unsur-fucking-prised. Discuss?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4
File: FuckingDuh.png (390 KB, 664x599) Image search: [Google]
FuckingDuh.png
390 KB, 664x599
Well, color me unsur-fucking-prised.

Discuss?
>>
>>60299239
Good. My friend never shut ups about this guy and he is homophobic

wasn't the story on this faggot he made music for his gf?
>>
File: DAVIDFOSTERWALLACE-WHITNEY2014.jpg (696 KB, 1280x720) Image search: [Google]
DAVIDFOSTERWALLACE-WHITNEY2014.jpg
696 KB, 1280x720
>>60299239
>to Bret Easton Ellis
>>
literally who?
>>
>>60299239
there was already a thread you attention whore
>>60284991
>>
>>60299282
Damnit, I searched for it but couldn't find anything. My bad, no need to get your knickers in a twist.
>>
>>60299270
I know, right? Of all people to tell it to, he had to pick the gayest American writer.
>>
>>60299239
>discuss?

why
fucking why

what the fuck do I care if he's fucking girls or guys or goats

why would anyone

god this board sometimes
>>
I thought he had already made that public when the band released their debut
>>
I always thought he was gay desu senpai. Still great music, although kindred sucked desu senpai.
>>
>>60299297
see
>>60299313
>>
>>60299239
I knew there was a reason I didn't like their music
>>
>>60299313
It doesn't matter for me, I still like his music regardless. But 4chan is for kicking up shit and news like this guarantees some shit kicked up.
>>
>>60299239
>Discuss?
his music already sucked dicks, now he does too.
>>
What's to discuss?
>>
>>60299410
kek
>>
>>60299410
non-sarcastic lmao brother
>>
I took some inspiration and hope from his story of recovering from mental illness and acquiring a waifu but idk what to think now.

it's an upgrade from being that crazy musician to coming out as gay at this point desu. felt like I connected with kindred before but knowing it's all about Angelakos writing himself into the closet is pretty fucked up senpai
>>
>>60299313
Because visibility of gay people is still necessary, particularly in the indie music world which is still by and large dominated by bland straight white dudes, and because clearly this is a great stride for him in his life. Hopefully this'll help him find peace (he's detailed many of his struggles with substance abuse and mental disease) and perhaps inspire his next album, especially given that his last was kinda shit.

Also he's a srs qt 3.14 and I'd deffo let him do me
>>
>>60299410
Ugh I know. Sucking dicks is the BEST<3
>>
>>60301105
>bland straight white dudes
/mu/ is such a piece of shit.
>>
File: luck.jpg (59 KB, 538x660) Image search: [Google]
luck.jpg
59 KB, 538x660
>>60299239

>michael angelakos is dtf
>>
I don't know much about him but it's surprising to me that he was so closeted and trying so hard to "pass". I wouldn't think being gay was something that would remotely be a concern to anyone in the hipster/indie world he inhabits. He makes fruity hipster pop, what about his audience would ever make him think twice about presenting himself as gay?
>>
>>60301491
actually it's more complicated than you think

He spoke at length about his marriage and divorce with stylist Kirsty Mucci, and how he came to understand his sexual identity in the process. “I just wanted so badly to be straight, because I love her so much," he told Ellis. "I think that was one of the most painful things when we decided to separate.”
>>
incoming bnm
>>
>>60301491

Do you really think coming out is any easier for guys who make "fruity music"

Pretty sure anyone who's repressed their own sexuality for three decades, to the point where they've married a woman to delude themselves of their own lie is pretty far down that foxhole. He didn't just come out as an artist, he came out as a person. Apparently not many people even in his personal life knew.

>>60301139
idgi

Am kinda bored of the same goddamn songs with the same goddamn narratives with the same goddamn sexual and gender politics from these samey goddamn interchangeable WGWGs.

Some variety would be nice.
>>
>>60301573

so cúcked into gay, is there a site for this fetish?
>>
Any gay person that intentionally makes news of their coming out is the problem with so many modern gays as well as (to an extent) society as a whole.
>>
>>60301994
he didn't make news of it
he just talk about it in bret easton ellis podcast (who is also gay)
>>
Some of you clearly don't understand just how hard it is to be sexually repressed and closeted. Really wish you people wouldn't speak on things you don't understand and cast aspersions on people whose struggles you could never grasp.
>>
>>60301904
>Am kinda bored of the same goddamn songs with the same goddamn narratives with the same goddamn sexual and gender politics from these samey goddamn interchangeable WGWGs.
You think an openly gay man makes more unique music than a closeted gay man? Or that a woman makes more interesting music than men? You think a love song is original when a black woman sings it because different pronouns and descriptors are used?

Do you know why so many musicians are straight men? It's because they're trying to fuck women, many of whom want "passionate, artsy" guys. Anyways, you're a retard who considers people boring because they don't have tumblr-esque special identities.
>>
i hate how clickbait-y are these news when someone comes out
instead of something like "Angelakos talk about his personal life in Bret Ellis podcast" they put "BREAKING NEWS ANGELAKOS IS GAY!!!!" just to generate clicks and tarnish the image of gays
>>
>>60302104
>you could never understand what I've been through, so never talk about me again!
You're a child.
>>
>>60302225
Wow that's not what I said at all! Funny you should call me a child because you clearly either have the reading comprehension of a child or you're intentionally misconstruing my words because you have no actual valid point to make, which makes you about as ignorant as one!
>>60302140
I'm saying there are more dynamics and perspectives to explore because the field isn't overcrowded, particularly when it comes to love songs (which is where your example of a [presumably straight] black woman making love songs falters, because the romantic dynamics are going to be the same as if a white woman were singing). There should absolutely be more black women populating the indie music scene, though, but right now all we really have is Janelle.

Queer people in music are notoriously scarce, both in the mainstream and out of it, and those who do get some degree of attention usually do so by neutering their songs of all gendered language and erasing their queerness from the music altogether. Perfume Genius and Antony and the Johnsons are the only two I can think of today who've managed to get by without doing so.
>>
>>60302481
>I am special because I am "queer"
>>
>>60302481
man, you're on 4chan. nobody is going to take you seriously and you only going to receive kneejerking responses
>>
>>60302512
>I am clever because I know how to make strawman greentexts on the Internet
>>
File: hardasfuck.png (617 KB, 944x626) Image search: [Google]
hardasfuck.png
617 KB, 944x626
>>60299239
lol who the fuck is that?
>>
>>60301105
is this bait?
>>
>>60302735
Probably not. /mu/ is Tumblr
>>
>>60302140
>Do you know why so many musicians are straight men? It's because they're trying to fuck women, many of whom want "passionate, artsy" guys.

Literally the worst music is made by trying to screw girls.
Thread replies: 41
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.