[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
ITT: genres with insufferable fanbases I'll start with
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5
File: subhumanscum.png (95 KB, 1012x520) Image search: [Google]
subhumanscum.png
95 KB, 1012x520
ITT: genres with insufferable fanbases
I'll start with the testosterone factory
>>
all of them
>>
everyone except maybe kpop, they might be waifufags but theyre usually calm
>>
>>60298445
Lad rock/Britpop
everyone's a trenchcoat wearing faggot
>>
Fuck you OP
>>
>>60298445
All of them except Ambient/drone
>>
All of them except for emo
>>
>>60298489
hi jacob

i'm wearing a Metallica shirt right now listening to brand new and there is no stopping me deus
>>
File: B0pqzeYIgAAV9Gb.jpg (33 KB, 482x642) Image search: [Google]
B0pqzeYIgAAV9Gb.jpg
33 KB, 482x642
>>60298488
u fukn wat la'
>>
>>60298465
This senpai
>>
>>60298445
Anime music and Hip hop
>>
Metal fans are easily the worst to talk music with. You try and talk to them about anything other than metal/hard rock and see how far you get without them trying to twist it right back onto metal or calling the music you listen to shit because it's not ''real music''. I love all sorts of metal but I can't stand being around the fans most of the time
>>
>>60298465
/thread
>>
File: 1446818016636.jpg (37 KB, 473x451) Image search: [Google]
1446818016636.jpg
37 KB, 473x451
I can guarantee you any form of music you enjoy has a shitty fanbase...There's always going to be those people in a group that shit it up.
>>
>>60299526
This. A metal fan who is even slightly appreciative of different genres is a fucking rarity. There are few genres of music whose fanbases are so closemindedly devoted as metalgenres.
>>
I find anti-fan bases much worse than actual fan bases. For example the vaporwave naysayers tend to be much worse than actual fans. Same goes for death grips. Thay being said fuck the grimes fanbase.
>>
>>60298445
i too often contemplate the death of Kod
>>
File: K.O.D.cover.jpg (256 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
K.O.D.cover.jpg
256 KB, 600x600
>>60298445
>>60299902
>>
File: 03 - AYZcXTm.jpg (73 KB, 800x516) Image search: [Google]
03 - AYZcXTm.jpg
73 KB, 800x516
>>60299526
The worst part of being a metal fan is being associated with elitists who think one variant of metal is "trve metal." I can appreciate other genres, and I can see the benefit that they all have, because I didn't grow up listening to metal. But I can guarantee that there are people like this in every fanbase, which fucking sucks.
>>
bieber the king of pop and the king of darkness
>>
>>60299526
Or you get "it's too pussy"
>>
Britpop
Metal
Skirllexcore dubstep
Eminemcore hip hop
>>
>>60300545
you mean the queen of darkness.
>>
Drun n Bass where i live
>>
>>60298445
Beyonce
>>
>>60300702
Oh wait. Actually this. Pack it up guys, we're done here.
>>
>>60300518
You're so spot on. As I said in my post, I do like metal, have done since I was 12/13. I got into shit like Dragonforce and Trivium, they were my gateway bands (I've moved onto to bigger and better things now, I might add), and I had these 15/16 year olds who think they've heard everything metal has to offer and they fuckin lectured me on what is true metal, and why the stuff I listened to doesn't count as metal.

There's another layer on why I think metal fans are the fuckin worst. Not only are the brand new to the scene ''I listened to this rad Suicide Silence album'' kids horrible to talk to, the older guys who are into black/death/grindcore/doom/ are wayyy worse than them. They're even more shitty to their own 'kind', for lack of a better word, than they are to people outside of the scene. I hate to generalize, but I've met very few metalheads who when I say ''oh I'm into *insert this none metal kind of music here* kinda stuff'' reply with ''cool'' or ''good for you'' it's always something shitty like ''pfft, why would you wanna listen to that weak shit?''
>>
>>60299526
I've never met a metalhead that is like this in my life, then again, most of the people I've known that listened to metal weren't sperglords and had well-rounded taste in music.
>>
>>60300818
Yup. People can't draw the line between "this band isn't good" and "this band isn't [insert genre here]."
>>
>>60300855
Maybe it is just the assholes I happened to bump into that's skewing my perception of metalheads, I don't know. I have spoken to a fair few people outside of the city/country and they've mostly had similar things to say. I'm not saying I've never met a metalhead who wouldn't talk to me about other types of music without shitting on it, it's just the majority I've met
>>
>>60299526
Even talking about metal with them is pointless. They all just say "that album was a good one" or "I love that band" without any further emphasis or explanation. It's fucking stupid for a fanbase to think their preference is the only pure and decent thing yet they can't backup why it is so. They all full of shit and they know it.
>>
>>60299526
Derp generalizing. Listened to metal since I was a fucking baby child yes in diapers, and I listen to fucking Fetty wap on the radio with my girlfriend. Do I like it? No, I hate it. Do I trash it the whole time? Fuck no. Not up to me to tell other people what to listen to. Confusing a certain personality with a whole group of people who like that music is pleb. I asked this guy with whom I had mutuL friends once, "what do you like to listen to?" DUBSTEP he immediately responded. Not another word. I was like, so do you like any type of rock? Metal? And he goes on to tell me how shitty metal is, how nothing else is worthy, blah blah, yes this actualy happened. We both enjoyed making music but the conversation stopped there bc this fucker wouldn't even give anything but his music a chance. Another time: I'm at a party, I ask this guy if he likes metal music, and he proceeds to yell at me 30 times (over the pop country in the back) how he doesn't like Screamo. Trying to talk to a scene kid about metal will give me a fucking headache. There's people like this everywhere, including the metal heads. They just get the most shit for it I guess especially here
>>
>>60300818
I generally agree with this, metalfags (of which I'm generally one) tend to be the most closed-minded of the big genres. On the flip side, anti-metalfags are essentially just as bad and dismissive. Any metal you could name is automatically 'highschoolcore'.
>>
>>60302628
Fuck scene kids.
You should have just said "I didn't ask if you liked screamo. I asked if you like metal." That's what I do.
>>
Hopsin
>>
>>60299526
You've had really bad encounters with metal fans lol

I know the type you're talking about but the guys I meet at shows are generally pretty great.
>>
>>60298445
I never understood the hatred for beiber.
>>
I swear every time I see Bugatti Biebz he looks more and more like a member of DIIV
>>
I think the problem here is that self identified "metalheads" are the face all metal listeners

Most people don't listen to one genre all the time; it's no wonder you find spergs when you look at people who fanatically dedicate themselves to a certain style.
>>
eminem
>>
>>60302628
on god shut the fuck up f.a.m.
>>
>>60302628
>autism
>clearly underage

Yep sounds like a metal fan
>>
>>60302365

This pisses me off the most, but about anyone who can't articulate their thoughts on why they like something.

"I dunno I just like it" mother fuck you.
>>
>>60306699
>>60302365
you really think there's no value to the "i just like it" explanation? music effects most people on an emotional level before a cognitive level. really every thing you like about a piece of music is just a more thought out rationalization of "i just like it".
>>
>>60306879
I guess my point is you can have fantastic taste and give great recs without ever articulating "why" exactly you like any given thing.
>>
>>60306906

Agreeable yeah.
Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.