[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is one of the most underrated rap albums
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8
File: Eminem-MMLP-2.jpg (43 KB, 450x450) Image search: [Google]
Eminem-MMLP-2.jpg
43 KB, 450x450
Headlights ,Evil twin and Bad guy are some of the best shit he's put out in the last decade.
Groundhog day and rap god are also very strong.
I dont get the hate around this album
>>
the homophobia was what irked me about it. I didn't like it at all. the classic rock samples were the only thing I liked.
>>
>>60292161
>Eminem
>>>/b/, >>>/trash/
>>
>>60292177
I dont think the homophobic lines were for real.He doesn't have a problem with homos irl.
>>
>>60292177
>>>/tumblr/
>>
>>60292177
>getting offended over lyrics
Jesus christ.
>>
>>60292198
still, the way he said them left a bad taste in mouth.
I call people faggots all the time, it doesn't bug me when tyler the creator says it, but it bugged me on this album.
>>
File: Eminem-MMLP2-Call-of-Duty.png (1 MB, 1440x779) Image search: [Google]
Eminem-MMLP2-Call-of-Duty.png
1 MB, 1440x779
perhaps if you're 12 years old
>>
>>60292161
It sounds like shit and he sounds like shit. Eminem has one good album.
>>
>>60292227
probably because it's coming from a 43 year old who still has mommy issues
>>
>>60292228
>judging the actual tracks based on a video game ad
>>
>>60292232
>Eminem has one good album.
But which one is it?
>>
>>60292237
>Headlights
>>
>>60292254
The Slim Shady LP. It's the only one that remains identifiable as him but isn't ruined by an overwrought persecution complex or a suffocating ego.
>>
>>60292247
I know right? whats wrong with a little Eminem when you're doing 360 no scopes headshots all day hey bro haha add me btw if u want btw
>>
>>60292237
yeah, that could be it.
>>
>>60292268
Relapse is kind of like that too,with the exception of a few tracks that go emotional and shit
>>
>>60292284
Relapse has Crack A Bottle which is arguably his worst song.
>>
>>60292299
Rain Man,Big Weenie are both on Encore
>>
>>60292315
Don't forget about Fack, Ass Like That and Puke.

edgy addition: and Kim
>>
>>60292344
>and Kim
Kill yourself.
>>
>>60292358
Kim was ICP tier cringe lmao kill your damn self
>>
>>60292374
Kim was cool
>>
>>60292161

eminem's production has always been way too poppy or simply shit save for a couple early tracks

while technically he's a talented mc its tiring to listen to him go on and on about the same shit all the time in basicallythe same way
>>
>>60292418
Yea
His next and hopefully last album will get dre back for the beats and come up with some fresh ideas in terms of lyrics.And keep the old flow or at least like the one in Medicine man.
>>
Encore was shittier than this album, it had like 3 good songs and the rest were either trash or mediocre
>>
>>60292418
well yeah

old "classic" eminem that most people like is just the same joke being told in 400 different ways, either you think the joke is funny enough or you don't
>>
Eminen Albums
(GOD TIER)
>Slim Shady LP
(SHIT TIER)
>every thing else
>>
>>60292161
Marschall Mathers LP>Slim Shady LP>Eminem Show>Slim Shady EP>Infinite>Marshall Mathers LP 2>Recovary>Encore>Relapse>Curtan Call: The Hits
>>
>>60292268

nah mate marshal mathers lp is the best album he's ever done, slip shady lp was corny af.
>>
File: 1404610760543.png (66 KB, 329x380) Image search: [Google]
1404610760543.png
66 KB, 329x380
>>60292161
>mfw Eminem fanboys still think his latest albums aren't complete shit and his earlier work hasn't aged horribly
>>
File: gsdgsdg.jpg (3 KB, 105x90) Image search: [Google]
gsdgsdg.jpg
3 KB, 105x90
>>60292161
>>
>>60294078
Relapse is goat m8
>>
>>60295079
your mom is a goat. relapse being good is a meme
>>
File: too much coco.png (198 KB, 580x454) Image search: [Google]
too much coco.png
198 KB, 580x454
>STRONGER THAN I WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS
>>
> Sick, sick dreams of picnic scenes
> Two kids, sixteen with M-16's and ten clips each
> And them shits reach through six kids each
> And Slim gets blamed in Bill Clint's speech to fix these streets?
>>
>>60292161
>Headlights ,Evil twin and Bad guy are some of the best shit he's put out in the last decade
Dont really say much since he has never really put out anyting better than a 6/10
>>
>>60296633
mmlp was easily his best, even the corny radio singles had some raw lyrics
>>
These days he's all show no substance
So many syllables and he's not saying a fucking thing most of the time
His edgy (yes I said it as a positive) sense of humor used to be his saving grace. Now he'd rather rhyme absolutely everything with absolutely everything else and come up with some cringe-inducing excuse for wordplay
>>
>>60292161
>rap god
>summa lumma dooma looma
>>
File: fire.png (69 KB, 375x360) Image search: [Google]
fire.png
69 KB, 375x360
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IStWrNUdhNk

Triple J don't give a fuck
>>
>>60296633
This gets my vote for his greatest ever verse imo
>>
>>60292177
>People took this bait
>>
Eminem used to be decent, but he's recently appealed to the demographic of young kids who think that rapping is "talking fast over a beat" and only think the only good thing about a rapper is a fast flow.

Rap God is a really really average song but people are blown away by it because he says the words fast.
>>
>Freind send me a link to Eminems new single called Rap God
>Link comes with a time stamp
>Freind tells me that on that timestamp he does the fastest rapping ever
>Click it
>Go to time stamp
>IM SAMMA NAMMA DEMMA LEMMA
>Close tab

Why do people like this guy?
>>
>>60292196
>/trash/
....what the fuck is this
>>
>>60292161
Bad Guy was okay until the very end, the rest was dog shit, worse than Recovery.
>>
>>60292161
Regardless,this album was still better than yeezus.
>>
>>60292213
>ebinem dick suckers in a nuthshell
>>
>>60294398
this
>>
>>60296878
It's where all eminem discussion is to be moved my bro
>>
>>60296849
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwEMyWOuXAQ
>>
As someone who (hates to) admits SSLP and MMLP are good and TES was ok, I can honestly say this album was shit. Terrible. I didn't go into it with any expectations, I had a completely open mind. And it was shit. There was not a single good track. It's pretty easy to please me when it comes to hip-hop, haven't heard a bad project in years. But my god is this thing atrocious

I think Both Sides of the Brain by Del The Funky Homosapien is way more underrated than this.
>>
Agreed, op. Some really great songs. Way better than Recovery.
>>
>>60296881

It's a sequel to Stan and it's genius. The ending is fucking 10/10, he admits all the things you guys hate on him for that he's old and needs to retire. He's really self-aware on it.

Don't Front is GOAT too

Great album so underrated
>>
>>60298218

>not liking the last verse of bad guy, brainless, evil twin, rhyme or reason, or groundhog day

SHIGGYDIGGY.MPG
>>
>>60292161
>tfw everyone forgets about Love Game

Still his most underrated song.
>>
>>60299994

That one too

good song
>>
bad guy was fuckin gold, like it was actually something different and eminem sort of used his own lyrical cliches against himself and started taking responsibility for his lyrics.

then the rest of the album is typical boring recovery shit or trying badly to rekindle his sslp persona
>>
>>60300931

Evil Twin, Headlights, Love Game, Rhyme Or Reason, Don't Front, Groundhog Day >>>>>>

All good
>>
literally an unbearable pop album

Rap Good is the only remotely well-produced track and his rapping is bad on that
>>
>>60301159
outside of headlights yeah just more boring recovery eminem. but whatever, a lot of people like that album fsr
>>
>>60301232

lol

>>60301378

What? Evil Twin, Rhyme Or Reason, Don't Front sound nothing like Recovery... you clearly haven't even listened to them.
>>
>>60301602
well yeah desu i listened to the whole album when it was new and i dont remember a lot but that's the point. it bored me.

i'll give it another shot
>>
>>60301602
idk why you're laughing
the rapping on rap god is objectively some of the worst gimmick gibberish in the last 10 years
>>
>>60301646

Trust me, the tracks I listed are good. A few meh ones but it's overhated desu, definitely worth another shot.

>>60301648

You said his rapping was bad. You may dislike the song, but his flow was crazy on there. It's just a bit overplayed is all. The video, lyrics and flow were good. Only downside is the chorus is a bit cheesy and the beat gets old fast.
>>
>>60292374
Kim is the most emotionally powerful rap song ever made.
Prove me wrong
>>
>>60301689
no the rapping is 100% the worst part of rap god
Eminem used to rap musically on MMLP, he's obviously forgotten what the point of rap is because he has no rhythm whatsoever

>Uh, summa-lumma, dooma-lumma, you assuming I'm a human
>What I gotta do to get it through to you? I'm superhuman

unbearable trash as I said

>>60301738
you might be right
>>
File: 1390140782836.jpg (35 KB, 490x450) Image search: [Google]
1390140782836.jpg
35 KB, 490x450
>mfw amateur /mu/ rappers trying to say Shady's rapping is bad these days while they post their garbage rhymes they blurt in soundcloud threads that a toddler could have come up with
>>
>>60301972
really obvious bait
no one unironically thinks you need to be a good rapper to recognise Eminem is bad
>>
Rappers like Tech9, Eminem, etc who just want to cram as many syllables into each line to make their songs sound like the Micromachines guy are the cancer of rap and the worst part is that normies find it impressive and retards who want to get into rap are inspired by these fucks to do the same thinking it somehow makes them better rappers than the competition.
>>
>>60301755
>>60302011

Fuck off with your cherry picking of lyrics. Look at the other verses, theres some great lines and he's still technically talented whether you like him or not, disagreeing with this proves your ignorance.
>>
>>60302167
But anon he's the most popular rapper so he's bad.
>>
>>60302216

DAE hate le m&M :^)

Ugh. The anti-Eminem fans are even worse than the fans now honestly. LOL IM SO EDGY CAUSE I HATE ON A LEGEND WHO HAS SOME GREAT PRIME WORK BUT FELL OFF SOMEWHAT EVEN THOUGH HE CAN STILL RAP WELL BUT JUST BECAUSE HIS MATERIAL IS SLIGHTLY DIFFERENT NOW SINCE HES OLDER AND A RECOVERING ADDICT AND EXPERIMENTS WITH THE OCCASIONAL CHORUS SINGER AND MORE POPULAR HES BAD OMGGG!!1111
>>
Do people actually dislike that he gets pop singers to do pieces on his songs?
>>
>>60302167
>>60302216
>>60302262
he's not technically bad he's just stylistically bad
he thinks fast=good now
>>
>>60296781
without a doubt, remember me is phenomenal.
>>
>>60302744

Yeah which is hypocritical since Kendrick worked with Taylor Swift, Kanye worked with Rihanna and so did Jay Z but they get less flack. Such BS. And Em is older now, he did the old style for 6 albums... come on. He's allowed to switch it up a bit. The dude is different and he still has his moments

>>60302787

Still has his moments. See: Fine Line, Bad Guy, Going Through Changes, Careful What You Wish for, Deja Vu
>>
holy fucking shit some fuck linked this thread to a stan or something

his albums are all fucking trash, he's had a bunch of great songs, none released in the last decade, every song on mmlp2 was either completely forgettable, straight trash or really really awkward
the best he could do on mmlp2 was passable rapping on passable beats

knowing how to rhyme and knowing how to spit =/= knowing how to fucking rap

>>60302744
no, people dislike that he makes really corny fucking music that he can sell because he slaps a relevant name on the features
>>
>>60302744
Honestly I can't fucking stand Rihanna or most modern pop singers, so yeah, that's a definite strike against his current material.

But what I really hate about modern Em is how generic and soulless the actual music is. Rap God proved to me he can still spit, but the beats sound like something any hack producer could throw together in 5 minutes. On the other hand, I just came off a three month binge of listening to The Eminem Show every damn day after not spinning it since I was about 12; and I was genuinely blown away by how it's stood the test of time. Every song is top-shelf material - not just lyrically but musically.

Basically, I miss Dre's exquisite beats; without them Eminem's music has very little appeal to me. Maybe if Marshall stepped up his production game I would give a shit again.
>>
>>60303740

"stan" No, a casual fan. I rarely listen to him nowadays but Relapse was amazing and MMLP2 was severely underrated. It got great reviews too, get over it faggot. Bad Guy and Don't Front are 10/10

Also, he does know how to rap, saying otherwise makes you look retarded. He's easily one of the best, many rappers acknowledge this fact as well, including Redman and Nas.

Also, he's not always "corny", he just has fun sometimes. Grow up.

>>60303966

I hear you but also try and listen with an open mind and realize not every song on MMLP2 has a pop singer on the hook, some have him and some are good (Bad Guy, Evil Twin, Love Game, Rhyme Or Reason) But I hear you, his old stuff was a lot better but still his new stuff is somewhat decent at times. I feel some are too harsh and too quick to compare his stuff to his prime material. The man is in his forties now and a post-addict.
>>
>>60292161
bad guy
rhyme or reason
legacy
rap god (ofc)
so far...
love game
headlights (surprisingly gr8)
baby (shit is some classic em fire)
>dat ken kaniff skit at the end of wicked ways

could've been like 8 tracks shorter, but it's pretty fucking good. one of the better hip hop records from 2013.
>>
>>60305206

YES

Thank you. That list is great. Brainless is decent too and the parking lot skit.
>>
File: MM.jpg (194 KB, 2048x1365) Image search: [Google]
MM.jpg
194 KB, 2048x1365
>>60292161
MMLP2 had great tracks. "Guts Over Fear" was the only good thing that came out of Shady XV. rest of it and the Southpaw soundtrack was fucking trash.

Eminem's problem is he's trying too hard to be technical now. The rapping doesn't pack a punch like the older days.
>>
>>60305327
yee

it's understandable that eminem purists aren't huge into it, though. and /mu/ by and large don't really care because it isn't totally comprised of TRAP-INSPIRED BANGERRRRZZZ.

it's a proper sequel. eminem accomplished what he set out to do.
>>
>>60305356

Fine Line & Detroit Vs Everybody were good too though but I hear your point.

To be fair he even says in Guts Over Fear "Just make a bunch of songs to be playful for fun because there's no more emotion for me to pull from"
>>
>>60305370

Very true. It was decent indeed and got good reviews mostly for a reason. Had some nice call back references to MMLP1 and was a good revisitation and shows where he's at now. Some good songs on there for sure. Not bad at all besides maybe a track or two at most.
>>
>>60305356
His songs for Southpaw were great. Best workout tracks since Till I Collapse.

As someone said earlier though, the actual music tracks underneath his rapping have become basic as fuck though.
Thread replies: 88
Thread images: 8

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.