[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>So.. anon, what music do you listen to? What am I supposed
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4
>So.. anon, what music do you listen to?

What am I supposed to reply to this? If I just answer Black Metal Ambient Drone IDM and Noise I'm going to sound autistic as fuck, help.
>>
just say pop then you fucking fag
>>
>>60290840
F I S H E Y E S
I
S
H

E
Y
E
S
>>
Don't be afraid, just talk about what you like.

If plebs can't accept you then they're obviously not worth it.

>>60290866
But yeah if you don't have the balls just say you like all music except rap and country obv.
>>
Just say "I dunno, a variety of different things"
>>
>>60290840
BLACK METAL
>>
>>60290840
You reply with "I don't really like very much music."
>>
>>60290840
If they are obviously casual music listeners or not big in a genre you like, stay basic. No one is going to know what Powerviolence is for exsample, i'd just say fast and angry punk music or something like that. You can go in depth if someone asks for it (make sure you can explain it more or less).
>>
I run into this problem and i just respond honestly "Im into old school screamo" and they usually drop the subject. Saying emo usually results in me explaining to them about its origins and shit cuz everyone has the wrong idea of emo and i feel like im boring them.
>>
>>60290840
what the fuck is up with your eyes
>>
>>60291036
>punk? you mean, like Green Day anon?
>>
Metal, electronic, chill stuff, the list could go on...
>>
everything but rap and country
>>
"A bunch off stuff, usually more darker and agressive music but also happy music occasionally. What about you?"
Most people really don' care and if they do they'll usually ask you to be more specific which tends to starts up a convo.
>>
just say "weird hipster shit"
hopefully they'll get the idea that you probably won't be able to relate on a lot of music and move onto something else
>>
>>60292683
>you probably won't be able to relate on a lot of music
r u le blep
>>
File: 1446683260471.jpg (312 KB, 1389x2554) Image search: [Google]
1446683260471.jpg
312 KB, 1389x2554
'I like heavy metal and psychedelic rock'
>>
>>60290840
>bits and pieces. depends on how i'm feeling. what about you?

notice the deflection of topic back onto the questioners tastes
>>
Well, you can insert your genres, but last time a girl asked me that, I said something along the lines of "Hip hop, noise rock, a bit of alt-country. Some other stuff, but not as much. If you want, I can show you some sometime. What about you?"

You know what she did? She told me what music she liked, and then we talked about other things.

This is not difficult, Jesus Christ.
>>
>>60292733
Runes + skull and crossbones makes me think this girl is some kind of white nationalist. Racism is disgusting.
>>
>>60293934
Racist women are just hilarious though. Because what harm are they going to do anyway?
>tfw no Nico gf
>>
>>60292733
>piercing
ugh
>>
File: fem vs nat.jpg (59 KB, 600x460) Image search: [Google]
fem vs nat.jpg
59 KB, 600x460
>>60293934
Kill yourself
>>
File: Fedora3.jpg (33 KB, 251x251) Image search: [Google]
Fedora3.jpg
33 KB, 251x251
>>60295118
>>
always lie.

ask her what music she likes first and match the bands she likes with different bands you think she will know.

if she likes any kind of pop say you like Madonna, she's patrician pop
>>
>>60290840
>Black Metal
Metal
>Ambient Drone IDM and Noise
Weird art music

'I mostly listen to metal and weird art music'

'Weird art music' is as descriptive as you need to be, and might pique their interest and incite conversation. Answering a bunch of random, obscure genres is just a way of shutting the conversation down and turning them off.
Thread replies: 26
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.