[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What is the future of music? Has everything been done already?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3
What is the future of music? Has everything been done already? Is there nothing left to explore? What are your predictions for the future of music? Even art in general.
>>
>>60289930
post-avant
>>
appropriation of country music, it's the final step
>>
>>60289930
wait and see
>>
>>60290002
europeans are already hog wild about americana and cow punk is a thing. i don't think they'll appropriate it any more than that.
>>
whole thing seems pretty dead, i cant think of anything new happening, ive tried,

>>60290002

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alternative_country
>>
Things will seem like they aren't changing fundamentally but when looking back people will go "how did this shit jump from this to that?"

You know, like all music, and all art, and everything ever.
>>
>>60290002
Jason Molina did it already
>>
>>60290094
for like the past 8 years its been the same shitty pop music and pop rap.
The only innovative thing made was vaporwave and that was made using music from the 80's in a very cynical reflection of how music is pretty much dead
>>
>>60289930
There is probably so much DXM in this picture omg
>>
I know where things are going,

but I shall not share it.
>>
>>60290134
Yeah nah dude I want you to listen to a mainstream pop song from 2007 and one from today.

They're pretty different.
>>
Hopefully something that isn't so tryhard experimental.
>>
>>60290206
pop music has always been the same, all the same formula just different clothes
>>
File: kurt-cobain-suicide-note.jpg (43 KB, 628x471) Image search: [Google]
kurt-cobain-suicide-note.jpg
43 KB, 628x471
>“It’s already turned into nothing but a fashion statement and an identity for kids to use,” he said. “It’s a tool for them to f**k and have a social life. And at that point I can’t really see music being of any importance to a teenager. I think they’ll use sounds and tones and use it in their virtual reality machines, and just listen to it that way and get the same emotion from it.”
>>
>>60289930
House, techno, ""IDM"" and ambient/noise will keep growing and evolving, maintaining a prominent role.
That's where the most interesting stuff is happening today, and it will continue being so for some time...
>>
>>60290228
What's wrong with trying hard? Would you rather have something conventional and lazy??
>>
>>60290143
underrated post
>>
Really though, will we ever see a revolution in music as great as the one brought by the advent of digital recording and editing?
>>
I'm personally hoping for more vocal experimentation in unexpected genres. Electronic-opera. Given the internet's obsession with the vintage, maybe more found-instrument stuff and modern compositions on older, uncommon instruments (hurdy-gurdy comes to mind)?

Is there already a genre focused on bodily noises, like gurgling, gasping, grinding teeth, etc.?
>>
>>60290134
you don't really measure innovation by pop music though
>>
>>60290606
About the vocal experimentation, I think vocaloid experimentation is sort of uncharted, I know Peter Christopherson was starting to get into them before he died, but not many others to my knowledge have really dug into the possibilities vocaloid experimentation.
>>
>>60290722
Like... Miku? I assume you just mean the artificial singing program itself, but I meant shit like throat-singing.
>>
>>60290739
Maybe making Miku throat sing
>>
>>60290539
it wont be a revolution, it'll just be a really gradual change. as it becomes easier to make music using computers, and they start creating programs to create music with a greater effect of depth and complexity. possibly algorythmic music.

for a while now we've been watching music gradually evolve from well renowned artists emulating and recreating multiple internet or pop culture trends in music. we watched dubstep (which has been discussed since the late 90's/early 2000's) get popular and then quickly fade away. but it didn't die, there are probably hundreds of new hybrid genres that are directly stemmed off of dubstep.

in the future we'll probably be listening to mega-hybrids of the genres we listen to today. and so on. until they create 4d headphones
>>
>>60289930
Everything has been done musically by the 1950's
The only "innovation" since then has been in mixing already established musics together, and technology.
>>
>>60290777
What would 4d headphones ensue? Also nice trips
>>
>>60290380
>>“It’s already turned into nothing but a fashion statement and an identity for kids to use,” he said. “It’s a tool for them to f**k and have a social life
That's what popular music always was, yours included, you raging homo.
>>
>>60290002
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1AbV8WJD90M

counter-weebs beat you to it
>>
>>60290857
they havent been invented yet, so i guess that's for us to decide
>>
>>60290002

this is the GOAT avant-country
>>
>>60290002
uh, hippies already did it in the late '60s/early '70s?

and, yeah, alt-country, cow-punk, etc.

not that anything needs to be appropriated
>>
HOPEFULLY like this!

http://antsantsants.com/track/how-long-do-you-think-it-would-take-for-you-to-kill-me

Listen to the end, ahaha this band is crazy good.

ala hyperrealism and "kaoss EDge"
>>
>>60290777
>as it becomes easier to make music using computers, and they start creating programs to create music with a greater effect of depth and complexity. possibly algorythmic music.

You could call it 'autocore'
>>
>>60290875
>That's what popular music always was, yours included, you raging homo.
only after 1950
>>
It's not over until the sheeple commoner masses listen to xenharmonism, serialism, sonorism, generative electronics, stochasticism, new complexity and indeterminacy.
>>
>>60290786
Danger Music is actual innovation that wasn't around in the 1950s
>>
Experimental grime, footwork, uk bass, techno, house, the list could go on
>>
https://alsodragons.bandcamp.com/track/snowglobe
>>
>>60289930
Mixed race people will start to make they're own identifiable mixed race music, and then the race-wars will start
>>
>>60293038
>uk bass, techno, house
>innovative
Please stop with your post-African repetitions.
>>
There is still a lot of potential, without a doubt.

>>60290245
Not really.
>>
Maybe if we brought slavery back the blacks would come up with something new
>>
>>60293068
wew
lad
>>
Eventually someone will come along and invent something as important to music as Les Paul did.
>>
Things could appear in music in a way that you wouldn't know of, or there could be fundamentally different ways to play music that none had though of. I don't think art goes into dead ends. It morphs around a so-called "dead end", and changes itself again.
>>
>>60290786
Please tell me what musical innovation occurred before 1950 that didn't involve technology or established music
>>
>>60293054
That's the plot of 'The Mole Trilogy' by The Residents
>>
the future is everything, all at once
>>
>>60289930
Post ironic Post-grunge and buttrock appropriation is the next thing. Before you know it P4K will start giving 10/10 scores to Nickelback reissues.
>>
>>60296415
Melvins is the way in
Thread replies: 51
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.