[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What did you think of Trout Mask Replica when you first heard it?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: TMR.jpg (2 MB, 1408x1433) Image search: [Google]
TMR.jpg
2 MB, 1408x1433
Assfanny Fartano here. Teh internetz busiest music nerd. Did TMR amaze you, scare you, did you jizz your pants.

- I thought it was good
- It is now a desert island record for me
10/10
Trout Mask Replica forever
>>
>>60288331
I didn't get why people found it so hard to "get". I actually found it more hilarious than strange; songs like Ella Guru, Pachuco Cadaver, and Pena were so ludicrous I almost couldn't breathe (especially the last of the three). It was an incredibly fun record from the beginning and still is
>>
>>60288414
This
I was losing my shit first 40 listens of this album, I couldn't make it past Frownland for the longest time
>>
>>60288331
I remember my dad playing this record for me when I was a kid. (We actually had a Captain Beefheart poster on the wall too).

I only started listening to it about last year but I pretty much liked it instantly. One thing I would say about this album is that it's full of seemingly endless replay value.

Probably the only true 10/10 album in any genre.
>>
>>60288414
You must have a very shitty sense of humor.
>>
>>60288414
i didnt like it at first because i took it too seriously my first listens
definitely a mistake
also i felt like there was too much going on separately and it kinda gave me a headache
love it now tho
>>
I was expecting something like Loveless cause the color of the album and I got what I was expecting. 9/10 would listen to again
>>
I'll logon to and leave a rating if I ever decide to listen to it. maybe by then 4chan will have incorperated dislike buttons or at least heart clicky thingies like the twitter.
:^)
>>
Protip: If you listen to Trout Mask Replica and call it a "masterpiece" "10/10" and don't even know who Tommy Johnson or Blind Willie are you are human garbage
>>
Loved it. It was even better than Strictly Personal.
>>
I knew what to expect because someone mentioned it one time as being the weirdest album they had ever heard. My initial reaction was about a 3/10, but as I've listened to more stuff I consider it about an 8/10 or so.
>>
I got really high and listened to it and had a really crazy visual trip inside my head. I couldn't remember anything about the music later though.

I like it now, probably 7/10ish.
>>
>>60288582
shut the damn hell up
>>
>>60288582
Please read what you just posted and realize how stupid you are
>>
>>60288331
unlistenable shit
>>
>>60288331
I'd heard that it was a "weird" album. I wanted to listen to something "weird," so I gave it a listen. I was not disappointed. Only later did I come to appreciate the amazing musicianship and lyrics.

Really, if you're expecting the right thing going into this album, it's impossible to be disappointed.
>>
>>60288331
It just sounded like some hippie shit blues rock album, and still does.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.