[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is it tacky to wear a band shirt (of a band that isn't performing)
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1
File: tumblr_mvlfyf6Rwx1r2d3lqo1_400.jpg (111 KB, 400x400) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_mvlfyf6Rwx1r2d3lqo1_400.jpg
111 KB, 400x400
Is it tacky to wear a band shirt (of a band that isn't performing) to a concert?
>>
>>60287360
No not really. Ot's not like anyone is going to care what you're wearing anyway, they're there for the music
>>
No stop being so self conscious
>>
>>60287360
nah, it's almost customary even
>>
not anymore tacky than wearing band shirts anywhere else
>>
>>60287360
Maybe if it's a Death Grips shirt, because people will think you are just there for memes. But really people don't care. Just don't wear a Costanza shirt.
>>
>>60287360
As long as it isn't just a shirt with a album cover pasted on haphazardly. Those are shit in general though.
>>
You're supposed to buy a shirt there and wear it over your other one dumbass
>>
No. What else is there to wear a concert really?
>>
You think anyone on this rancid, godforsaken board has any valid fashion knowledge, let alone knowledge of anything concerning leaving home?
>>
>>60287360
You generally aren't supposed to wear merch for any of the bands you are seeing.
>>
>>60287520
Hey, I'm a stylish person, fuck off mate.
>>
>>60287729
adorable
>>
>>60287360
Never wear a shirt of the band your going to see.
>>
>>60287524
>>60287895
Why not wear a shirt for the band your seeing? What's the problem with that?
>>
>>60287895
>>60287524
Why?
>>
record label shirts are ok
>>
>>60287360
Bands playing wear other bands shirts.
>>
don't be that guy
>>
>>60287923
I think it's fine, but I don't see it as often as people wearing other band shirts. Really, it doesn't seem like anyone cares. Unless the band openly hates a certain band or the fanbase is cancer. Like you shouldn't wear a Whirr shirt at GLOSS show, but idk if gloss even plays live shows. I figure the risk of doing that is being singled out by the band or getting harassed by drunk fans.
>>
>>60287360
No. But if you wear a shirt of the band that *is* performing, everyone will make fun of you behind your back.
>>
>>60288535
Always wanted to show up to a Metallica show in a Jethro Tull shirt, but it's not worth buying a concert ticket just for a joke.

>>60287933
>>60287923
It comes across as pandering. Also, everyone already knows you like the band that's playing, so wearing that shirt doesn't actually convey any useful information. Whereas if you wear a shirt from a different band, it gives people an opportunity to start conversations with you.
Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.