[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DAMN
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3
File: image.jpg (216 KB, 750x1334) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
216 KB, 750x1334
DAMN
>>
yeah Radiohead is pretty overrated but let's not forget that Oasis is one of the worst bands of all time
>>
lemmy also shat on radiohead
>>
>>60277851
i want to know why you refused going into low power mode 2bh bredrin
>>
>>60277869
This is a very very false statement
>>
noel knows its not true too but its funny, thats why he said it
>>
When was the last time Noel Gallagher made an album that was worth a damn?
>>
File: jo.jpg (94 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
jo.jpg
94 KB, 500x500
>mfw britbongs still listen to Oasis
>>
>>60277947
never
>>
>>60277947
In 2011
>>
>>60277947
This year actually
>>
File: 1441565864375.png (371 KB, 664x1002) Image search: [Google]
1441565864375.png
371 KB, 664x1002
>"I heard that fucking Radiohead record and I just go, ‘What?!’ I like to think that what we do, we do fucking well. Them writing a song about a fucking tree? Give me a fucking break! A thousand year old tree? Go fuck yourself! You’d have thought he’d have written a song about a modern tree or one that was planted last week. You know what I mean?"
>>
Both are crap tbqh
>>
>>60277851
>Noel Gallagher
isn't he the retarded brother?
>>
>can't make good music
>not relevant any more
>desperate for attention
>talks shit to get people to look at him
Noel Gallagher is the Katie Hopkins of music
>>
>>60277917
Does fasle mean true where you're from.
>>
>>60277851
He's not wrong
>>
>>60277917
>>60278004
Eat shit Noel
>>
Radiohead is probably the worst band of all time.
>>
>>60278168
Yeah. Out of a lightbulb.
>>
>>60278174
nah
>>
>>60278293

yah
>>
It's no sectret Noel gets very intimidated by music that isn't the same old guitar-centred shit
>>
>>60277851
Success breeds jealousy.
>>
noel must be hitting the pipe hard. it would get solid 10. win a grammy, then be hailed for recycling used light bulbs when hipsters the world over need to get that sweet stank tone.
>>
>ayy lmao muh guitar-centric shit is better than radiokek
>>
>>60277947
About as recently as Radiohead. So around the 90s.
>>
It's funny though as time has passed, oasis is arguably more influential than radiohead as history has come to reflect current events appreciate the extremes more than the middles (Just look at the success of the republicans in going far right, and of the sjw/Reddit rap of Run the jewels 2 and Yeezus) - oasis are a great, dumb band (like Donald Trump), radiohead are a middling smartman's band (like Jeb Bush or maybe Martin O'malley).

Those candidates are being pushed to the brink. In the end Radiohead were just not as original as an Aphex Twin or influential as a My Bloody Valentine, to say nothing of forbears like Can. Honestly, they haven't even been as influential as Pavement.
>>
>>60278546
Damn...
>>
Oasis would be the most bland band ever if it wasn't for Beach House
>>
>>60278088
Noel's the arsehole and Liam's the wanker. But I always get them confused.
>>
>>60278592
Noel is the sane one and Liam is the bloke
>>
"i think he (noel) just doesn’t understand musicians who work to fill creative rather than commercial ambitions? for Oasis it was all about being the biggest band in the world, and in a way that’s what undid them in the end. whereas Radiohead completely rejected any pursuit of commercial success…but still achieved it. i wonder if he feels like they have something they never earned in a way? which is bollocks, clearly. he thinks they should be resting on their laurels playing Creep at festivals. the fact that they’re not is baffling to him."

the way my friend put it
>>
>>60278642
>whereas Radiohead completely rejected any pursuit of commercial success

I agree with probably everything your friend said except this horse shit. Also, I'm sure Noel has plenty of creative ambition and always did, he's just never shied away from the fact that he also wanted to be super rich and famous like too many rock stars do because they're afraid of being called sell-outs.
>>
Why is this man so based?
>>
Noel Gallaghers a twat. Didnt they bring in members of Beefhearts Magic Band to work on his most recent album with him but then he got a bit scared when he saw pedals and shit and so he sent them all home and just made another boring album instead?
Thread replies: 36
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.