[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
some nights
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: images (1).jpg (13 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
13 KB, 300x300
I have always been torn up about this album. Reached way too much commercial success but is also one of the freshest, strongest pop records I have ever heard. What does /mu/ think?
>>
I loved it when it first came out
>>
>>60275797
The only song that is good is the self-titled one
>>
>>60275797
This better be bait it's fucking terrible apart from a semi decent single
>>
It's been a long, long time since I've heard it.
>>
>too much commercial success
wtf
if it's good why wouldn't you want it to be successful
>>
Some of the songs are great, others are garbage. It'll never compare to Aim and Ignite.
>>
>Reached way too much commercial success
who the fuck cares? if you like the music, you like the music.
>>
>>60275823
>muh hipster cred

That's why faggot
>>
>>60275797
i remember when fun. was essential /mu/core

then they got onto top 40 radio and everyone pretended that they'd always hated them
>>
>>60275833
oh the irony of that post.
>>
>>60275823
Never said I wouldn't want it to be successful I'm just surprised something so new but weirdly formulaic worked
>>
>>60275832
>>60275833
>>60275841
The commercial success doesn't affect my liking but I'm just confused about where the rest of the world stands regarding it?
>>
>>60275932
>The commercial success doesn't affect my liking
then why did you specifically say it had too much? it's pop music, commercial success is the goal.
>>
>>60276097
>way too much
To imply that it was totally unexpected for it to explode the way that it did
>>
File: grandromanticcover.jpg (95 KB, 590x583) Image search: [Google]
grandromanticcover.jpg
95 KB, 590x583
Nate Ruess has a solo album that is MUCH better.

Pic related

It touches on a lot of the same themes as Some Nights but the music is a lot better and the themes are more in depth.
>>
>>60276351
Dude I feel the opposite applies. The solo album felt like a more lovable sounding version of some nights. Didn't enjoy it half as much as some nights
>>
young thug loves this album
>>
>>60275797
9/10 Stars is the best pop song I've heard in a long time
>>
>>60275797
>Reached way too much commercial success
holy shit these faggots don't even pretend not to be hipsters anymore

you have to be a normalfag to even like this piece of shit disgusting pile of manure
>>
>>60275900
you're a bad liar, op
>>
>>60275797
>>60275841
>and everyone pretended that they'd always hated them
Aim & Ignite is a gem, Some Nights is a monstrosity.
>>
File: 628x471.jpg (21 KB, 628x419) Image search: [Google]
628x471.jpg
21 KB, 628x419
>>60275797
the singles are one of my favourite sing-along songs
>Most nights, I don't know
>anymore oooh oooh ho
>>
Stars IS a banger.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.