[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
reminder your favourite musicians don't give a fuck about
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5
reminder your favourite musicians don't give a fuck about who is considered "plebeian" and don't dismiss artists for being popular

Radiohead, The Beatles, Pink Floyd etc. all have massive influence on surface level and underground acts alike whether you like it or not
>>
Hello reddit
>>
>>60270006
do not have a reddit account
>>
>>60269995
Everyone loves the beatles
>>
>Radiohead, The Beatles, Pink Floyd etc. all have massive influence on surface level and underground acts alike whether you like it or not

wow every single one of them
wow
well swans did post a link to the beatles so I guess it must be true
>>
>the swans
>good
>>
>>60270530
>the
>>
File: pennmfw.jpg (34 KB, 300x400) Image search: [Google]
pennmfw.jpg
34 KB, 300x400
Any musician who is influenced by Pink Floyd is obviously going to be fucking trash
>>
>>60270566
your favourite band is influenced by them
>>
>>60269995
Because really is the best harmonized song ever though, you can't blame them
Gira has always been a massive Beatles fanboy, his taste is good.
>>
there is no single person in music who isn't influenced by and don't like The Beatles tho. get over it.
>>
>>60270349
I don't
>>
>>60270720
>doesn't*
>>
Your post is 100% accurate, but I don't see the point of posting it here?
All 3 of your examples are liked on /mu/
Only post-ironic newfags hates the fucking beatles, anon.
>>
File: 1440123490418.png (63 KB, 424x271) Image search: [Google]
1440123490418.png
63 KB, 424x271
>>60270732
Michael Gira is also a fan of Nina Simone
>>
>>60270732
You are mistaken. I'm not a post-ironic newfag memeposter, but I find Beatles to be pretty boring. And no, you ain't no better than me. Stay chill
>>
>>60270727
What albums did you listen to and how many times
>>
>>60270766
>but I find Beatles to be pretty boring
How very avant-teen of you
>>
>>60270774
Revolver and Abbey Road about 3 times each. And I've tried Rubber Soul recently, couldn't stand 'Drive My Car' and gave it up. Maybe it's not my cup of tea.
>>
>>60270802
Try The White Album. Their catalog is so varied that you can dip in at different times and be listening to virtually 2 different bands.
>>
>>60270566
cough can cough
>>
>>60270758
fuck's wrong with nina simone she's a great performer
>>
>>60270840
nothing in particular, I just don't see any fans of her here
>>
>>60270849
the best bond theme that never was a bond theme tbqh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ua2k52n_Bvw
>>
>>60270802
>couldn't stand 'Drive My Car'
>>
>>60270802
Rubber Soul is worth more of a listen than just "Drive My Car." Check out "Girl" or "Nowhere Man" and then rejudge that masterpiece.
>>
>>60270864
Just had major nostalgia. Thanks anon.
>>
>>60270707
>our prayer
>>
Ms Simone rules
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eYSbUOoq4Vg
>>
>>60270779
The Beatles are quite literally the opposite of the kind of music that I tend to enjoy so I find no joy in listening to them and never have, I also don't see the appeal of them in all honesty.

Also am none of the stereotypes you mentioned , just don't understand why people put the Beatles in another league as if it's actually not okay to dislike them as you would any other band that doesn't fit in with your tastes
>>
>>60270779
how is it edgy to not like the beatles
are they really so good?
>>
>>60270694
>your favourite band influenced them
FTFY
>>
>>60269995
OP, I'm going to let you in on a little secret, we look down on plebeian music here not because it's bad but because the types of people it attracts are not worth sharing a board with. Unless you want this place to turn into another cesspool like Facebook, Reddit or Youtube then there's no reason to try and defend plebeian music, all those other places do it already. Fuck off.
>>
File: cat.jpg (127 KB, 720x960) Image search: [Google]
cat.jpg
127 KB, 720x960
the beatles are one of the cheesiest bands i've ever heard. i have no idea what people see in their shit and i'm afraid i never will.

>>60271284
the only reason you should """look down""" on any music is because it doesn't appeal to you. do you even listen to music bro
what a stupid post
>>
>>60270913
Sure, Mike.
>>
>>60271359
>the beatles are one of the cheesiest bands i've ever heard. i have no idea what people see in their shit and i'm afraid i never will.
Maybe you're just dumb, or deaf.
>>
File: gdfdvfs.jpg (112 KB, 743x695) Image search: [Google]
gdfdvfs.jpg
112 KB, 743x695
>>60271473
soz
Thread replies: 37
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.