[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went fucking wrong? >made The Glow pt 2 AKA the greatest
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3
File: o-86117777-570.jpg (53 KB, 570x378) Image search: [Google]
o-86117777-570.jpg
53 KB, 570x378
What went fucking wrong?

>made The Glow pt 2 AKA the greatest album of the 2000s
>produced nothing but garbage since then

Why, /mu/? I wish he died after releasing TGpt2 t-b-h
>>
it's all shit desu pt.2 (the blow hack part 2)
>>
>wanting someone's life to end after they stop entertaining you

that's some ancient monarchy shit
>>
mt eerie you pleb
>>
Mount Eerie (the album and the artist) are not that bad though. I don't think Phil was good until TGP2 tbqh familia. Agreed that it is the best album of the 2000's though
>>
Mount Eerie is a great album. his post The Microphones work is questionably mundane though.
>>
Pretty surprised by the answers ITT, just kind of blindly lept into mount eerie earlier this week and i was astounded over and over at the variety and beauty within it.

What do you guys dislike so much? Sure, its not the microphones, but even something like lost wisdom is pretty powerful and poppy while being feelsy. But then winds poem and sauna are so enchanting and far away.. its all great imo.
>>
>>60190124
nothing
the glow pt. 2 a shit to be honerst
seriously, what is so special about this album
>>
i saw him live last year, he was fat and looked like he drinks a lot

good show tho
>>
Most of Mount Eerie's studio albums are great you fucking pleb.
>>
File: mounteerie (2).jpg (18 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
mounteerie (2).jpg
18 KB, 220x220
>>60190124
Are you stupid?

Mount Eerie is just as good as The Glow pt.2, if not better.

Most of the albums released under Mount Eerie are fantastic as well. Clear Moon, Dawn, and Wind's Poem are all beautiful.
>>
File: 1446510428397.jpg (344 KB, 633x758) Image search: [Google]
1446510428397.jpg
344 KB, 633x758
it's bait tbqhwy fammeroni
>>
>>60190221
r u fkn silly m8? keep on checking out it was hot we stayed in the water and don't wake me up i absolutely adore those albums.

also idk what op's on about either mount eerie is incredible. it is very different from the microphones but it's still incredible. check out no flashlight or sauna or clear moon maybe senpai
>>
>>60191031
I enjoy Mount Eerie significantly more than the Glow Pt. 2. The Glow Pt. 2 is definitely a killer album, but it's not as good to me. The Glow has something like 7 excellent songs on it those being
>I Want Wind
>Glow Pt.2
>Headless Horseman
>I Felt Your Shape
>Map
>I Want to Be Cold
>Samurai Sword
The rest vary in quality but are still very good.

Phil just covered way more bases both musically and lyrically. Mount Eerie is the most human sounding album I've heard in my entire life. I hate to be le Pierro here, but the imperfections are perfections on Mount Eerie. The face that there is so much 'false beauty' (Phil's singing, the dirty production, loose instrumental performances) mixed with legit beauty (the chorus sections, the lyrics), makes it a 100% beautiful album.

The feelings that I've experienced while listening to Mount Eerie are unexplainable really I think it's my favorite album period. I remember when I first got it on record, playing it on my big stereo, the ending of the Sun actually physically shook me like I was being melted away. During that listen the somber moments on the album really had a profound effect on me too.
>>
Why would you say that, OP? Phil's got a really solid discography covering a variety of sounds. There's no reason to wish death on anyone, especially over music.

I personally like No Flashlight the most
>>
Lost Wisdom is SO good
>>
>>60190124
>dat hairline

I know that feel
>>
>>60192475
Lost Wisdom is severely underrated.
>>
SINGERS, black wooden ceiling opening, dawn, sauna, mount eerie, no flashlight, and lost wisdom are all legitimately amazing albums. Most of the rest are still good. I still visit pretty much all of his albums frequently by far my favorite artist. You must be b8ing OP Phil has one of the most solid discogs
>>
>>60190124
he got tired of making music whining about girls

he says it here at the 13:00

https://soundcloud.com/brendanmattox-1/episode-1-between-two-elverums-mount-eerie

The interviewer's voice is fucking annoying.

>produced nothing but garbage since then

not really
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tEfDVOeG5q8
>>
>>60192600
I really love the acoustic video NPR did of that song.

>>60192475
>>60192506
Def agree. It's basically an Eric's Trip album and that's just wonderful
>>
>>60190180
underrated post
>>
>>60190124
That's one shit opinion desu senpai

Mount Eerie was a masterpiece and he's only gone on to expand his musical landscape over the last 10 years, even if he never reached for the same feels as his early stuff. The whole point of the Glow Pt 2 is that he's moving on with his life.
>>
>>60191264
>7 excellent songs
>doesn't include The Moon
Shit man, I don't even know what to tell you. I'm so sorry.
Thread replies: 24
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.