[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
This is the superior Tom Waits album
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: front.jpg (98 KB, 878x800) Image search: [Google]
front.jpg
98 KB, 878x800
Prove me wrong
>>
Bone Machine exists
>>
>>60189353
this is definitely his most versatile and balanced

it's my favourite Waits album for sure

but if we're talking 'best' it would be Bone Machine or Rain Dogs
>>
It's a bit muddled because of his consistently high quality output, but eventually you'll all come to accept that Swordfishtrombones is his best album
>>
What's everyone's favorite spoken word track from Waits?

Mine's The Ocean Doesn't Want Me or maybe Watch Her Disappear
>>
Nope. Rain Dogs is his only album where there isn't a single song that doesn't contribute in a meaningful way and/or isn't written well.

And I say that as a devout Waits fan that doesn't think he's ever released a bad album.
>>
>>60189739
9th and Hannepin.

>and the donuts have names that sound like prostitutes

How can one man be so based, /mu/?
>>
>>60189739
Crossroads, Watch Her Disappear, Small Change

>>60189824
I actually find the last third of Rain Dogs to be a little weaker than the rest of the album. Swordfishtrombones, Franks Wild Years, Rain Dogs, Bone Machine and Alice all are entirely made up of good songs, to me.
>>
>>60189739
The story he tells in the truckstop on 'Nighthawks At The Diner.'
>>
>>60189353
Swordfishtrombones and Blood Money are my faves, but this is an excellent choice. I love all his albums though
>>
I like this one.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.