[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
DIIV BTFO
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2
File: DIIV.jpg (195 KB, 1062x597) Image search: [Google]
DIIV.jpg
195 KB, 1062x597
So p4k didn't care too much for DIIV's latest track. I look for their new album to get a full .1 higher than their debut.
>>
>>60184376
honestly I agree. The intro sounded cool as hell, and then the vocals came in. So boring and tone deaf.
>>
Why are these guys so popular? They're not bad or anything, but sound exactly like 500 other bands.
>>
>>60184753
They have money and connections.
>>
>>60184753
Their parents payed for them to be in the industry

t. Chris Ott
>>
His vocals were awful even with all that reverb

DIIV is just lame poser-shoegaze band that reeks of the inauthentic, the sooner people start realizing that, (by way of p4k or their own prerogative) the better
>>
>>60184753
name some please

>>60184774
>>60184809

spot the chris ott dick sucker
>>
>>60184376
I did not liked it too, i'm not exciting into that one. That track had nothing differrent
>>
>>60184812
Pitchfork loves bland, derivative music tho (see Beach House and Tame Impala)
>>
>>60184774
>>60184809
>>>60184753

I think their record label is paying some ciphers

>>60184812
His vocal is eclipsed by the noises.
>>
>>60184376
Not exactly BTFO, just not BNM
>>
>>60184835
Doesn't matter

Of course there are be mindless idiots who hang onto every word of garbage p4k and Fantano spew, but if they start turning on DIIV for whatever reason, then that awful excuse will cease to garner any more critical acclaim
>>
>>60184376
Isn't p4k going through a transition where they are moving away from their indie image to cover stuff like Adele and Bieber?
>>
>>60184888
awful excuse for a band*
>>
pitchfork is cancerous and if you actually care about what they have to say you don't belong on /mu/
>>
im so sick of seeing this mediocre band everyday theyre shitty
>>
>>60184867
Not getting BNT is bad considering they are a BNM artist. I Still expect their album to get BNM, but it will be a 8.4 BNM, which is pretty much being BTFO.
>>
File: PrayTheFakesGetsExposed.jpg (91 KB, 703x562) Image search: [Google]
PrayTheFakesGetsExposed.jpg
91 KB, 703x562
>>60184888
because drones never die
>>
>>60184956
why doesn't dean blunt never get BNM but diiv does
>>
>>60184993
Pitchfork owner is friends with DIIV frontman + record label is Payola-ing P4K
>>
>>60184993
The singer got caught with Ryan Schreiber's heroin. They owe DIIV big time if he doesn't want to get exposed.
>>
>>60185049
juicy
>>
Did their old drummer really leave the band?
>>
i remember when the /mu/ collective hivemind prasied oshin and Diiv now theyre ''indie trash, wanna-be shoegaze'' i hate you new people.
>>
>>60185280
ive always hated diiv
>>
>>60184981
Except that album is actually good tho
>>
>>60185280
Been here for years, always thought they were boring as fuck.
>>
>>60184376
P4k was right here. This track is pretty meh, not shit either though. At least it sounds like DIIV.

Oshin was phenomenal. And desu, DIIV come off as the worst kind of hipsters, but Zach's good enough of a songwriter that I can overlook that. Oshin is an album that will last forever for me.

I'm expecting the new album to be good, probably won't be a modern classic like Oshin was though. But hey, I hope I end up being wrong. Dopamine was a decent track, not on the calibre of Oshin, but it definitely grew on me and has become better over time. I expect the new album to sounds very DIIV but do some really cool things with the sound.
>>
>>60185280
I have literally always hated DIIV.
>>
>>60185923
I found Bent to be much better than Dopamine. Dopamine got BNT and it's really boring with it's drowned out production.
>>
>>60185280
>i remember when the /mu/ collective hivemind prasied oshin and Diiv

this is simply not true

a lot of people were hyped for it but just as many people were saying it was just another shitty reverb band
>>
>>60184753

Very good publicist.
>>
>diiv
L O L

they're shit
>>
>>60185280
People started shitting on them ever since the blogs took notice that Devin posted here.
Thread replies: 34
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.