[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
No other punk band mixes being funny and being political this well
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1
No other punk band mixes being funny and being political this well
>>
Too liberal imo
>>
dead kennedys always sounded like novelty music to me
>>
>>60177443
correct
>>
Probably. I'm not super well versed in hardcore punk but Dead Kennedy's (especially on this album) really do put things in a different light than most other punk bands do. And stuff that you don't usually think about like the Irony of Halloween, mail theft, casual camping, and other shit. Usually it's about how stupid substance abuse is and why cops suck.
>>
You forgot to mention how tight the band sounds and that caustic guitar tone which makes me just wanna burn shit up
>>
I don't like Andy dicks comedy and I sure as hell don't like his singing. Jks jelvins was the best thing to happen ever.
>>
>>60177443
top tier punk band but Fresh Fruit was better
>>
>>60179536
That dark surf guitar tone is what gets me up in the morning
>>
>>60177443
im not too fond of their humor (i really hate the beginning of forest fire) but their political lyrics are very well done
>>60177575
that's a fair opinion
>>60179491
halloween was one of the most eye opening songs ive ever heard
>>60179536
riot's guitar tone is almost painful to listen to but simultaneously makes me a masochist
>>
Listened to this album millions of times when I was a teenager. Definitely shaped the way I see the world and opened my eyes up to a lot of things most people probably don't think about.
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.