[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Hey guitar fags, what are your favorite pickups?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1
Hey guitar fags, what are your favorite pickups?
>>
>>59689420
>>59688764
>>
>>59689420
>SSL-1
>Fender Vintage 57-62

tbh
>>
>>59689420
420 blaze it
>>
I like Lace Sensors.
>>
>>59689420
if dubs guitars are no longer a meme
>>
>>59689465
I like hum buckers
Imma mum fucker
>>
>>59689420
i personally like dodge rams
>>
>>59689478
what isn't a meme you faggot
>>
>>59689420
EMG 81 85
>>
I'm new to playing bass guitar. How drastically does the pickup effect the sound? Does it make a big difference if you are using lots of effects anyways?
>>
>>59689482
what?, you asked faggot!
>>
>>59689606
what made you want to play bass?

I got made to play bass when I was like 13 because my bro was learning drums and my dad started playing electric guitar again
>>
>>59689606
>How drastically does the pickup effect the sound
Quite a bit. But if you're new it doesn't matter.

>lots of effects
Oh, you're trying to be one of THOSE bass players.
>>
i've got a duncan JB sh4 in my sg bridge.

emg 81/85s in other guitar
>>
I actually have no fucking idea about anything relating to musical gear.

That being said, my bass's getting pretty old and I need to change its pickup, it barely has any bassyness on the G string. What's a good pickup that would allow me to both play with a Beatles / Tame Impala sound (pick, good attack, bassy but still peeking through the mix) and Primus-like, mid-frequencies slap?
>>
If you want good advice go to the gear page. Everyone on here is a fuckin pleb when it comes to gear. Probably because theyre all poor neets with squiers. On topic I have bareknuckle mules in my les paul and theyre the best sounding humbuckers Ive ever heard. I also have fender custom blackguards in my tele and those are also great
>>
>>59689420
My dad owns a speedboat.
>>
Duncans for sure. Antiquity I JM pickups and SSL1 strat pickups especially. Not generally a fan of regular humbuckers, but I do like the old wide-range humbuckers and some mini-humbuckers along with some lower-output traditional style humbuckers I have heard.
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.