[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
how can one enjoy albums like this? i'm very curious
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: 220px-MeetTheResidents1.jpg (12 KB, 220x220) Image search: [Google]
220px-MeetTheResidents1.jpg
12 KB, 220x220
how can one enjoy albums like this? i'm very curious
>>
you have to be interested in recording techniques
>>
>>59689026
how is that?
>>
Perhaps you prefer Duck Stab/Buster and Glen, or Third Reich and Roll? Width and breadth, and breadth and width.......
>>
>>59689047
No, MTR is the only album I listened from The Residents, can you recommend me some of their work and show me how to get into em?
>>
>>59689079
Listen to Not Available. It's the best album of all time. Listen to it without staring at a computer screen.

If you can't into that, then it's just not for you
>>
>>59689091
thanks, I'll see what happens
>>
>>59689017
It's one of my favourite album.
Are you new to /mu/? I ask this because some records are hard to get into if you have just started listening to non-radio music.

The beauty of this album is how it destroy the concept of pop music in any sense, rhythmically and musically and on top of that it adds various noisy electronic sounds.

I love the raw dissonant background for example, or for example the "demoniac" women choirs.

This album literally explores boundaries never touched before, nowave, newwave, dissonantpop, industrial, electronic, but since it's one of the first album to do that, you get a vanilla result, something that's not influenced by anything else and so in a sense is pure. We could say it's the son of krautrock.

that said, even If now I dont find it difficult, I remember having a bit of trouble digesting it. You cant really enjoy it if you're not already familiar with tons of music and a bit "underground" music.

SO, how can I like it? simple: it's unique, it's very refreshing, its rawness gets me so much, and it actually becomes catchy after many listen
>>
they're not funny
>>
>>59689017
How can one enjoy albums like this?

Simple. Wait until 3am, turn off all the lights and turn this all the way up. I suggest listening to Duck Stab in the same manner.
>>
approach it with an open sense of humour
>>
>>59689017
Try this one if given the chance
>>
File: download (13).jpg (65 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
download (13).jpg
65 KB, 500x500
>>59690495
Shit forgot pic
>>
>>59690308
Hi Devin
>>
Were Residents the most radical band from the 70s?
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.