[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
hey /mu/, is any of The Clash besides this worth checking out?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1
File: MI0002783045.jpg (32 KB, 400x396) Image search: [Google]
MI0002783045.jpg
32 KB, 400x396
hey /mu/,

is any of The Clash besides this worth checking out?
>>
Debut for one.
>>
>>59683545
Yeah, I've heard good things about it.

Is it that similar to LC or am I in for a surprise?
>>
>>59683528
sorry to break it to you, but no album made by The Clash is worth checking out
>>
>>59683881
If you don't like LC then you're no use to me
>>
Sandanista
>>
I like all there albums except for Cut the Crap, which is garbage, they're first two albums are much more punk (s/t & Give 'Em Enough Rope)
Combat Rock has some funk and rock, I didn't like Sandinista that much but The Magnificent is the best song on the album, London Calling is there best tbh
>>
>>59683528
Sandinista is LC expanded
also Combat Rock
>>
Combat Rock
>>
>>59683653
less jazz/reggae, more punk
>>
>>59684427
Cut the Crap is not a 10/10 album but at least is interesting for the use of samples and drum machines. With more inspired songs it could have been killer. This is England is a great tune tho.
>>
I've listened to about half of london calling and im not sure i really like it. I really love their song "bank robber" however. is this the right album to start with?
>>
>>59684523
I'll concede This is England, but they lost Headon, and the synths were shit, the band was dying and it shows on this album
>>
>>59684529
Bankrobber would've fit into London Calling imo
>>
>>59683528
Self titled, Combat rock, Give em enough rope and Sandinsta. Pretty much everything but cut the crap. Also the singles collection is awesome.
>>
>>59684529
Try Give Em Some More Rope or Super Black Market Clash
>>
>>59683528
Literally everything especially sandinista, except for one, the unspoken one.
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.