[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Who /fitterhappier/ here? When I first listened to OK Computer
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: image.jpg (142 KB, 953x953) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
142 KB, 953x953
Who /fitterhappier/ here? When I first listened to OK Computer I overlooked this track but now I really love it.

I'm not sure if this actually happened but I have a vague memory of listening to it on an acid trip and laughing hysterically at its portrait of our absurd existence. I don't mean to get too pretentious but i just think the lyrics are great
>>
more like filler happier
>>
>>59669235
should've been an instrumental interlude. even the band nowadays thinks its too pretentious
>>
>>59669243
kek

Call me crazy but I think the album would be weaker without it
>>
>i just think the lyrics are great

are you also that guy who read 1984 once and now compares everything to it
>>
>>59669264
Yeah I'll throw out the term Orwellian at the drop of a hat to make myself appear more literate and intellectual
>>
>>59669276
nice
>>
Relistened to the album recently for the first time in a long while, and was quite surprised at how grim it was and how it felt more relevant to me now than when I was a teenager.
Also, people who call it filler don't get the album format and conveying a fucking theme. Fitter Happier is basically the core of the message OK Computer is trying to get across.
>>
>>59669235
the violins make me sad, reminds me of the strings on Sleep when the old guy says they dont sleep anymore on the beaches
>>
File: rh cancur.jpg (58 KB, 352x579) Image search: [Google]
rh cancur.jpg
58 KB, 352x579
>>59669235
>>59669318
>>59669252

A pig in a cage on antibiotics
>>
>>59669318
yeah, it's not "filler"

it's just the most heavy-handed and blundering attempt at "getting a message across" you could possibly dream up
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.