[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
What went right/wrong?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2
File: 1431782228648.jpg (40 KB, 599x400) Image search: [Google]
1431782228648.jpg
40 KB, 599x400
What went right/wrong?
>>
he got old, and we grew up
>>
columbine
>>
>>59665834

He made 2 amazing albums. He should have kept his gimmick on stage. Dressing up like it's Halloween everyday is kinda corny.
>>
>>59666499
/Thread
>>
>>59665834
4 amazing albums.

Then Twiggy left coz he saw the quality falling. Then he felt sorry for Marilyn free falling away from his own nipples so he came back supplying a bungee rope where the band will bounce up to an OK level, but also sink again repeatedly until Manson gets fat and breaks the rope.
>>
>>59666499
damn...
>>
>He is a malicious guy and will step on anybody's face to succeed and cross any line of decency. Seeing him now, drugs and alcohol now rule his life and he's become a dopey clown.
>During the Spiral tour we propped them up to get our audience turned on to them and at that time a lot of the people in my circle were pretty far down the road as alcoholics. Not Manson. His drive for success and self-preservation was so high, he pretended to be fucked up a lot when he wasn't.
>Things got shitty between us and I'm not blameless. The majority of it though was coming from a resentment guy who finally got out from under the master's umbrella and was able to stab him in the back.
>>
>>59666561

or you gotta do the bowie and kill it.

he's pretty good though listened to holywood at work the other day, dope show is also a good track.
>>
>>59666561
really would have been interesting to see him evolve his image, similar to bowie, as the other anon said.

rather than just sticking to the formula that works, to keep raking in the edgy middle schooler bucks
>>
>>59665834
>What went right
He was young, had some fresh ideas and Trent Reznor.
>/wrong?
He got old and busted. He's kind of trying too hard to live off what he was.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rk3_aOyUifM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ebh21wC2inU
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CREtfF-9uQA
>Manson will never make aything good again.
>>
>>59665834
He completely forgot the most important part of being a shock rocker. That you're not your stage persona, and never should try to be.

As soon as he forgot that, he lost his ability to create anything interesting, because he was so stuck in trying to recreate the stuff he did before, which rarely goes well.

The point he's at now, he should just give up the persona and exist in an alice cooper sort of way, as an old rocker who no-one expects anything incredible from.
>>
File: image.jpg (213 KB, 1920x1080) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
213 KB, 1920x1080
he never changed!!!
you fags just don't get him anymore
he's still deep and thoughtful as ever!

someone notice me pls
>>
His gimmick worked too well, became mainstream, and was no longer shocking. That and the quality of his songwriting declined.
>>
I used to be impressed by his interviews, but I noticed that he repeats himself a lot. His witty bits are like comedy routines...
>>
i was surprised by his speaking voice

he sounds exactly like mulder
Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.