[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Should I switch to Spotify, /mu/? I would on a heartbeat but
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2
File: spotify_650.png (87 KB, 650x428) Image search: [Google]
spotify_650.png
87 KB, 650x428
Should I switch to Spotify, /mu/? I would on a heartbeat but I listen to way too many auto playlists, a thing Spotify simply can't do. Another thing is that 1/3 of my library is soundtracks, which most you can't find at Spotify. Plus the desktop player is shit.

Spotify's system is way too convenient, you don't have to: download shit, organize files, download covers, make playlists to fit your shit in a miserable 16GB SD card, etc. It is also really nice that once you feed it with your likes, it recommends you really spot-on shit.

Should I move on to Spotify or should I stay with the usual file management?
>>
>>59662999
do it spotify is amazing
>>
I mean you can do it if all you listen to is mainstream shit that's actually on Spotify.
>>
If you already have the files, assuming you've tagged them well, why not just use google music? You can just upload them there and stream them elsewhere.
>>
>>59663039
this
>>
>>59663064
Mostly because of the future. I wouldn't mind transfering my library to Spotify if that meant I can save time in the future when listening new stuff. But I don't know if that's even a good idea.

>>59663039
>>59663065
I do listen to some mainstream shit. I also listen to some underground stuff, but the only thing I've not been able to find on Spotify is Macintosh Plus.
>>
After their new privacy policy? No.
>>
It's pretty good. There library is pretty big
>>
>>59663840

Mind explaining ?
>>
>>59663961
Not OP, but, even though that might be so, there is still a shit load of songs (probably for the most part) in my library that are not on Spotify which is why I have yet to use it regularly.
Although I've heard it's definitely a very convenient service to use. What a shame...
>>
>>59664589
Use NetEase then
>>
just switch off between soulseek downloads and spotify like i do oh pee
>>
File: tidal.png (6 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
tidal.png
6 KB, 300x300
I'd actually unironically rec Tidal and not Spotify.
The desktop and mobile apps are just way better and when they have roughly the same library that's what it all comes down to.
Tidal also has better playlists.

Really weird how we've had a Spotify-related thread without shitposting.
I didn't think it was even possible.
>>
>>59664784
But does Tidal have the same library as Spotify?
AFAIK Spotify has the widest library of all the streaming services
>>
>>59663160
>Macintosh Plus

As long as Spotify serves your needs, use it.
But seriously, listen to more music.
>>
>>59662999
I only recently started using Spotify and I love it. It's super easy for me to listen to my album backlog and the sound quality is excellent. I usually end up downloading / buying albums I really like to add to my persona library.

The UI is shitty, but I guess it's a necessary sacrifice.
>>
>>59664414
http://www.forbes.com/sites/thomasbrewster/2015/08/20/spotify-creepy-privacy-policy/
>>
>>59666149
Agreed on this it's weird how incredibly unpolished both U/IUX are for a 5yo website
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.