[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Which do you think is better? Why?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Madvillainy_cover.png (478 KB, 798x399) Image search: [Google]
Madvillainy_cover.png
478 KB, 798x399
Which do you think is better? Why?
>>
Madvillainy is a 10/10
HM...FOOD is a 9/10
>>
too many skits on MM FOOD

the fact that they're attached to the songs and are necessary to flow the album, makes my blood boil

we get it dude you like old fantastic 4 cartoons and shit

that whole middle section with gumbo and edible wrappers, I can't handle it
>>
Mm food bc he was closer to his prime
>>
Can't get into the first one yet for some reason.
>>
Madvillainy is the most overrated DOOM release ever, its close to one of his worst albums. Only like 4 good songs and a shit ton of filler. MM.. FOOD is way better.
>>
MM...FOOD is more enjoyable to listen to. Every track's filled with fun creativity and an interesting personality -something Madvillainy desperately lacks.

On Madvillainy, I think only Raid, Curls, Fancy Clown, and Great Day Today are stand-outs. Everything else just feels like boring homogeneous filler.
I think it's because Madlib's grey, subdued, and dark-sounding instrumentals doesn't stand out well enough because of DOOM's already heavy and deeper flow and tone, or vice versa.
>>
bistro bump
>>
>>59649112
>Accordion
>Meat Grinder
>Figaro
>All Caps
>Not standouts

It's like you're a douche or something weird like that you know
>>
>>59648812
FOOD
>>
>which one
MMM...Food

>why
Kookies is a goat track, and the entire album is more fun to listen to overall tbph fam
>>
Madlib > DOOM
tbh
>>
File: Vaudevillevillain.jpg (45 KB, 475x475) Image search: [Google]
Vaudevillevillain.jpg
45 KB, 475x475
this one
>>
>>59648812
MF DOOM is massively overrated in terms of how many classic albums he has, personally I prefer Madvillainy and think its his best album. Second favourite is Take Me To Your Leader.
>>
>>59648812
>Which do you think is better?
madvillain

>Why?
madlib
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.