[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>ITT: Green flags and good shit in general about music >Cover
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2
File: Trollkarlenshatt11.png (2 MB, 800x1097) Image search: [Google]
Trollkarlenshatt11.png
2 MB, 800x1097
>ITT: Green flags and good shit in general about music

>Cover does not contain a picture of the artist or the name of the album.
>Seamless transitions.
>Band breaks up before they go to shit to ensure their discography stays god tier.
>Artist has at least as many EPs of original content as they do albums.
>Live album contains all new, never heard before songs.
>Ambient sounds in background.
>Artist invents their own instruments to achieve the ideal sound.
>>
>no fade ins
>no fade outs
>>
Come on, does no one want to be positive?
>>
>/mu/ doesn't like it
>>
>>59621746
This.
>>
:C
>>
>>59620880
That feel when nearly all of these.
>>
>>59622491
Post example, anon. I need bliss.
>>
>>59622499
>Artist invents their own instruments to achieve the ideal sound
The 13th Floor Elevators is my favorite example of this
>>
>>59620880
>willingness to utilize the studio and any instruments they can think of to create the song they want rather than sticking to the band's "format"
>Cohesion between tracks (not necessarily the same as seamless transitions, just a sense of knowing how to make an album flow)
>>
>>59622517
Is that the incessant DODODODODODODOD throughout the album?
>>
>god-tier
I really wish people would stop saying this, you sound like such fags
>>
>>59622575
Yeah
>>
>>59622499
>Post example, anon. I need bliss.
Can't, I'm not done with the best example of it yet, I'm also not all that comfortable with posting my music on /mu/ or anywhere that much anymore.

But yes, I definitely have the seamless transitions and ambient backround sort of thing down since I changed my recording technique.

>>59621107
These are fine but you can't overdo it, especially if it fades out into silence in the middle of the album, that's a no go.
>>
File: CS1244522-02A-BIG.jpg (425 KB, 700x700) Image search: [Google]
CS1244522-02A-BIG.jpg
425 KB, 700x700
>>59620880
>Artist invents their own instruments to achieve the ideal sound.
Best case of this is Pram, they fucking started out with nothing but vocals and a homemade theremin.
Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.