[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
sorry for raising the bar too high
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2
File: Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png (22 KB, 300x300) Image search: [Google]
Dark_Side_of_the_Moon.png
22 KB, 300x300
sorry for raising the bar too high
>>
I forgive you
>>
>>59607522
With its technological mastery and its conventional wisdom once-removed, this is a kitsch masterpiece--taken too seriously by definition, but not without charm. It may sell on sheer aural sensationalism, but the studio effects do transmute David Gilmour's guitar solos into something more than they were when he played them. Its taped speech fragments may be old hat, but for once they cohere musically. And if its pessimism is received, that doesn't make the ideas untrue--there are even times, especially when Dick Parry's saxophone undercuts the electronic pomp, when this record brings its cliches to life, which is what pop is supposed to do, even the kind with delusions of grandeur.
>>
>>59607522
im gonna listen to it now for the first time
>>
Pragmatically speaking there's no atmospherical conditions of any weather in the moon, the rainbow is plain clear.
>>
>>59607522
Let's be honest here for a sec. This album is overrated and you know it... if Pink Floyd hadn't been as popular as they were back in the day, you would rate this album 8/10... that's the official objective rating of course!
>>
>>59607658
Hey Christgau
>>
It is beyond me why this album is liked and praised so much. Yeah it's okay but it's nothing special compared to an album like Meddle or Atom Heart Mother.
>>
File: 1444185639156.png (4 MB, 1500x1500) Image search: [Google]
1444185639156.png
4 MB, 1500x1500
>>59607522
Sorry for revolutionizing pop music.

What did you do? Inspire hippie stoners to be even bigger hippie stoners?
>>
>>59607914
Don't go in with too high expectations; there have been many a fellow whose opinions of it had been thrashed because they expected God's work.
>>
>>59609586
>DSotM
>not God's work
you're a little slow, aren't you?
>>
>>59609909
No, but you should expect the least out of any form of art. If it's shit, you won't be disappointed, and if it's grand, you'll appreciate it even more.
>>
>>59607522
>high
duuuuuuude
Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.