[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
>>59601824 I only listen to live albums because of fags like you
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5
>>59601824
I only listen to live albums because of fags like you
>>
>>59601824
For the most part I agree, but some bands are simply better live. Some bands will add on certain sections, or simply have a more raw live performance that lends itself better to the songs

It really just depends on the artist, though
>>
>>59601824
I agree, and I disagree with the people who disagree
>>
Maybe you should listen to bands/artists who can actually play live and don't just slog through playing exactly the same thing that's on the album.
>>
>>59601824
Shitty audio quality? Some bands just sound better live than in the studio. It has nothing to do with pretending youre in the audience.
>>
wow I can't believe I have to spell this out for you. Some bands are severely limited by the sound that can be created in the studio, and often times studio versions fail to capture the passion of a performance. This is not true for every artist but there are artists that you almost always want to listen to live versions such as The Grateful Dead, My Morning Jacket, Lou Reed, Talking Heads, Traffic, etc... I hate that I took the bait here but figured I would respond just in case you really are that thick
>>
>>59601824
Just interesting to see how the song translates to a live setting, or how the artist performs live. It can be totally different.
>>
>>59601856
>Some bands will add on certain sections

This is especially true for eDM
>>
>not listening to live Sunn and Swans
>>
File: 1414684810697.jpg (5 KB, 161x175) Image search: [Google]
1414684810697.jpg
5 KB, 161x175
>band can emphasize different aspect of song live
>band can expand the song and make it longer live
>band can change the tone and composition completely live, making it basically an entirely different song
>also, some bands have a lot of material they only play live that never makes it onto the albums, this makes the live albums interesting as they contain all new material for the listener
>>
>>59601908
Is this why Remain in Light is the only Talking Heads studio album I can get into?
>>
>>59601824
Some bands have really good live albums, it all depends. Built to Spill's live album is really good, so is deerhunter's. Those are the first two that come to mind for me
>>
File: 1310481500822.jpg (36 KB, 805x669) Image search: [Google]
1310481500822.jpg
36 KB, 805x669
>mfw recorded live tracks are overdubbed in studio
>>
>>59602100
I would think this is because that album is on a /mu/core chart while the others aren't.
>>
File: 2014-12-08_ride-fall.jpg (49 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
2014-12-08_ride-fall.jpg
49 KB, 500x500
Post tracks that are better live.

>Ride - Nowhere
>>
>>59602127
Their other stuff is just too thin and not as consistent. You know the popular choice can also be the right one sometimes, right?
>>
File: 1423686814164.jpg (49 KB, 283x323) Image search: [Google]
1423686814164.jpg
49 KB, 283x323
>>59602127
>>
well live shows usually show a different version of the song. if recording quality is good its like a new song in a way, just interesting to hear

but then this wont happen with bands like acdc or whatever that just play their hits with no alteration. altho it can be interesting to watch
Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 5

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.