[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
help /mu/! I am going to be designated DJ for tommorow night
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3
help /mu/!

I am going to be designated DJ for tommorow night party. I need to entertain bunch of plebs (cca 100 people) at frat party and still need to play decent music. I thought about:

Tame Impala
Joy Division
New Order
Radiohead
Battles
The Smiths
some varporwave
and dome older classics (Velvet Underground, Doors, Pixies, Bowie,...)

Any suggestions /mu/?
>>
>frat party
>playing anything but EDM and pop rap
>>
Are you severely socially handicapped?
Why would you play any of that music at a party?
>>
I like all that music but if you are going to play music for a bunch of frat bros plebes i dont think they are going to to take a liking to the smiths...

You arent playing the music you like you retard, you play the music the room likes
>>
http://www.billboard.com/charts/dance-electronic-songs

http://www.billboard.com/charts/r-b-hip-hop-songs
>>
You will be thrown out immediately
If they don't kick your ass first.

Get better taste fag
>>
James Blake
>>
>>59600496
none of this seems like frat party music
maybe if it was a sorority or a starbucks
>>
>playing rock at a party

lolmao fam
>>
I'm here to help.

A New Order 12" cut is perfectly acceptable if sandwiched in the middle of other vaguely danceable tracks. Scrap everything else.

Most frat parties, hell most parties in general (for young people) rely on rap Start with Snoop Dogg and work your way to less funky rap. Play Drake if you want girls to like your playlist.

Nero is good brostep, and some Calvin Harris or any producer you can stomach is worth a couple of songs. You can try to play actual dance tracks but from your list I'm not sure if it'll work out.
>>
File: IMG_20150624_125810.jpg (1 MB, 2048x1536) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20150624_125810.jpg
1 MB, 2048x1536
>>59600496
>Joy Division
>Velvet Underground
>Smiths
whatareyoudoing
>>
>>59600496
T O P 4 0

http://www.billboard.com/charts/r-b-hip-hop-songs
http://www.billboard.com/charts/hot-100
>>
>>59600496
I just DJ'd a semi-plebby semi-patty party this past weekend so I'm here to help you, OP. It's great that you're preparing a setlist. Just be able to read the room and deviate from that at a moment's notice.

On the plebby side of my set I threw in some Daft Punk and Justice. I'm not sure if you're using software, turntables or simply playing a playlist, but I recreated some Alive 2007 tracks on the spot with what shitty software I have. Get Lucky into D.A.N.C.E. was a real crowd pleaser. Depending on how tasteful your crowd is, Michael Jackson would work too. Don't play Beat It.

You're playing for people who want to dance. Not /mu/. Act accordingly.
>>
>Radiohead
>Battles
>The Smiths
>at a frat party
autism confirmed
>>
File: 1443811211966.jpg (86 KB, 595x663) Image search: [Google]
1443811211966.jpg
86 KB, 595x663
>>59601213
Sounds about right.
>>
this has gotta be bait
>>
>>59600496
>some varporwave
You're kidding right
>>
>>59601212
>>59600496 (OP)

Failed to include this in my post, but you're also pretty retarded for thinking that your picks would fly at a frat party.
Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.