[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
So, are the meat puppets just a worse version of nirvana? Or
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2
File: homepage_large.8e2459b6.jpg (108 KB, 319x319) Image search: [Google]
homepage_large.8e2459b6.jpg
108 KB, 319x319
So, are the meat puppets just a worse version of nirvana?
Or is there something that I'm missing?
>>
wut

little to no resemblance whichever era of theirs you choose to compare

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b_FzWHxljYQ
>>
don't think they sound like nirvana but i don't like them aniway
>>
Silly me. And all along I thought they were supposed to be a punk rock version of The Grateful Dead!
>>
ye i'm talkin about the whole noisy and dissonant guitars and the extravagant vocals (for a lack of better definitions)
>>
>>59598585
Well they predated Nirvana.
>>
>>59598585
>noisy and dissonant guitars and the extravagant vocals
Truly two qualities that only Nirvana and Meat Puppets both share.
>>
>>59598643
Yeah, does that change anything tho?

>>59598653
I'm obviously comparing them because of the influence they had on Nirvana, they covered a few songs too
>>
File: MeatPuppets_-_UpOnTheSun[1].jpg (67 KB, 500x500) Image search: [Google]
MeatPuppets_-_UpOnTheSun[1].jpg
67 KB, 500x500
listen to this OP
>>
>>59598809
Have you listened to their first few albums? They're quite good
>>
>>59597121
>punk rock grateful dead

Really fitting imo. Meatpuppets II is goat btw
Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.