[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
Is there a worse genre that neo indie-folk/pop? I've never
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1
Is there a worse genre that neo indie-folk/pop? I've never seen such a beautiful genre (folk) become bastardized, commodified, and turned into a corporate machine that manufactures "artists" that appeal to 16 year old ashley and james so that their high school feelings are pandered to

I expect nothing but backlash given the age range of this board, you are exactly who these derivative, talentless, mindless, machines pander to. Then you have the balls to call Grimes a "sell out". These artists are no different, you know? Why not listen to real folk?
>>
>>63145226
What real folk are you talking about because on /mu/ that term could mean amnumber of different things
>>
Illinois, both Fleet Foxes, Carrie and Lowell and Benji are solid folk influenced singer-songwriter albums and you're an annoying edge lord if you think otherwise. If you're gonna complain about the bastardization of folk music then go back to whining about Dylan like all the other pretentious assholes did back in the 60's. I'll admit that a good chunk of indie folk is pretty bland and derivative but that doesn't change the fact that like over half of all the modern songwriters that are actually worth a shit work inside the genre in some way. I mean fuck, I can guarantee you that Robin Pecknold of Fleet Foxes has a better knowledge, appreciation and respect for folk music than probably anyone on this board. Stop pretending like you're some big shot because you listened to the Anthology of American Folk music once. Pretty much every genre has its fair share of shit, and quality music. Get over it.
>>
Sufjan is the best, fuck off underage little shit
>>
put your trip back on Peep Beep
>>
>>63145226
>>63145226
I don't think you know what neo-folk is faggot
>>
>>63145529
>>63145625
>>63145701
this
>>
>all these 13 year old sufjan faggots calling other people underaged
pottery
>>
>>63145226
Yes, there is a worse genre: metal (and every subgenre)

Made to appeal to edgy teens and people with underdeveloped musical taste
>>
>>63145226
Good try chad
>>
>>63145854
Lmao piss off to pitchfork you dumb indie cuck
>>
itt: people falling for this pasta
>>
>>63145226
are you going to post any real criticisms of the musical content or like nah
>>
argh Beirut...i didn't remember that generic thing existed. Thanks OP
>>
On a real note is there enough of a folk element to arcade fire to be on this pasta? I'm not hearing it really
>>
>>63146030
Maybe replace it with ITOATS? Or is that too obvious?
Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 1

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.