[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Home]
4chanarchives logo
so... which are you /mu/?
Images are sometimes not shown due to bandwidth/network limitations. Refreshing the page usually helps.

You are currently reading a thread in /mu/ - Music

Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4
File: mustage.png (424 KB, 898x1548) Image search: [Google]
mustage.png
424 KB, 898x1548
so... which are you /mu/?
>>
This progression is surprisingly accurate
>>
Only underage faggots care about labels
>>
>>55625538
you are thinking too much into it, even if you are doing it as a form of epic baiting, you wasted your fucking time making that stupid chart.
>>
Post-patrician
Music sucks
>>
>>55625567
Nah, it's a classicalfag who lost the plot and thinks there are ideas in jazz and classical that are still worth mining.

This version of the progression is one of the many ways you can fuck up.
>>
These all suck.
>>
you misspelled a bunch of words but that chart is completely accurate

good job
>>
>>55625538
I like music
>>
>>55625538

I don't think I've actually sat through a full album in my life. I come from /b/ and just like to derail threads. Music is pointless anyway, plebs.
>>
dude i'm just here for the banter
>>
I just want to listen to music on my own terms and shit on others for no reason. :/
>>
>Partrician
>>
>>55625620
Well maybe, but everything up to the classicalfag is pretty legit, if not having /mu/tant and reviewerdrone levels being more mixed together
>>
>>55625538
This "patrician" is thinking all of the previous versions of himself were bad because the music itself was inferior, and not the outlook for judging it.

He carries this with him into reactionary nostalgic "patricianhood."
(He is still the same faggot with no understanding).
>>
>Partician
top laugh
>>
I listen almost exclusively to music from the 50's, 60's, and 70's. Currently burning through a twelve-disc box of Jerry Lee Lewis' complete Sun Records recordings.

What does this make me, besides insufferable?
>>
The only genre I don't like is reggae. kek
>>
>>55625745
Listen to dub. It's like reggae but way more trippy and interesting
>>
well, if nothing else, it's clear what YOU are, OP
>>
>>55625538
Patrician I guess, but It doesn't make sense that he wouldn't still enjoy the majority of what he enjoyed earlier in the scale.

Ive never been Avant-teen or Ironic pop fan, never listened to anything ironically, with the exception of Ken By Request and the Walmart Associates Choir.
>>
>>55625742
le reddit generation XD
>>
>>55625675
i do too, weird huh?
>>
the top one

feels good
>>
>>55625766
cont'd

a faggot
>>
>listen to shitty pop like Taylor Swift, Justin Bieber and KATE BUSH

I'm slightly offended by this.
>>
At age 14 I was listening exclusively to jazz, and I was playing classical piano so I knew quite a bit about that too.

Now I listen to whatever I think sounds good, which is almost anything. The people who ACTUALLY think classical music is superior to anything that doesn't identify as such because "they're trying to make real art not in it for the money haha fucku lol" are just trolling right?
>>
>>55625742
my grandpa. It's okay though my grandad is patrician as fuck.
>>
>>55625837
only slightly?
>>
>>55625538
damn...
simply damn...
>>
If you developed your taste from /mu/ at any point and not before coming here, you need to leave.

You are either
a) not a real music fan and never sought it out yourself
b) underage
c) mindless drone
>>
>>55625791
>>55625858
Sweet.

Also I buy all my music on CD. It's cost me thousands of dollars.
>>
>>55625538
none of these
>>
>>55625538
>listening to something "ironically"
riiiiiiiight
>>
>>55625888
wouldnt the fact that you came to /mu/ looking for more music mean you sought it out yourself? What if you shape your own opinions on music /mu/ has shown you, wouldnt that make you an individual and not a drone?

You got some real good 18 year old opinions there m9
>>
joke's on you, I've only ever liked "cool" guitar music
>>
>>55625949
but all those musicians are rich already or dead.
>>
>>55625538
Not accurate at all. Combine reviewerdrone and /mu/tant since they're basically the same. Move patrician down below avant-teen. The final stage is eclecticist.
>>
>>55625837
The only people who listen to Kate Bush are women, gay's or giant hipsters.
>>
>>55625538
INCREDIBLY ACCURATE THROUGH AVANT-TEEN
fortunantly there are a great deal of people on /mu/ who enjoy things like latin music, avant-prog, hindustani music, extreme metal, R&B, dub reggae, contemporary classical, jewish music, psychedelia, and other patrician types of music that the op is too pleb for
>>
>>55626003
I like having a physical collection as it gives me a sense of accomplishment in my otherwise pathetic life. Also I like the booklets.
>>
I like avant garde but don't listen to it to surprise others or act superior.

Please don't hurt me.
>>
>>55625888
>Developed your taste from /mu/
You mean got introduced into new music that you realized was better than anything you ever heard before ? Yep I agree, what kind of pleb doesn't listen to Swans at 10 yrs old
>>
>>55625981
>wouldnt the fact that you came to /mu/ looking for more music mean you sought it out yourself
No one came to 4chan for their music discussion. There were plenty of music communities out there where all the real music discussion took place. Funny you assuming I'm 18 since the fact that you probably have no idea what I'm talking about makes you sound on the younger side.
>>
>>55625538
i began as a patrician but then i became a scaruffidrone

never was any other step
>>
>>55625538
I like my avant-teen music.
>>
>>55625538
I'm not sure, I'm an open minded person.
>>
>>55625538
um w- wut. I listen to whatever the fuck I want.
>>
File: 1430466708259.jpg (12 KB, 224x224) Image search: [Google]
1430466708259.jpg
12 KB, 224x224
who /post-/mu// here?
>realizes live music >>> recorded music
>more interested in making music than listening to it
>does not spend a great amount of time browsing /mu/, probably browses other boards more
>>
File: Photo on 5-05-2015 at 12.29 pm.jpg (111 KB, 1080x720) Image search: [Google]
Photo on 5-05-2015 at 12.29 pm.jpg
111 KB, 1080x720
>>55625717
>>55625719
this

thread is bogus, shame on y'all
>>
I'm the [too old to keep coming to /mu/ 20something]
>>
>>55626080
im 22 so if you think thats young, I guess you're right. Honestly, I started browsing /mu/ to find music I hadnt heard of, because I actually had an interest in music. I found a lot of good shit because of this place, and I also found a lot of bad shit. To say that a person isnt a true fan of music for coming to a specific place in search for it makes you sound ignorant and pretentious.

Also, if anyone genuinely believes they have superior music taste over someone because they listen to shit that was made 100 years ago is full blown delusional. The fact that you listen to the roots of essentially all music exclusively doesnt make you superior, it just proves you are unable to move on and enjoy the sounds that branched out from those roots 100 years later.
>>
>>55626080
I did. One day, given the weird love/hate relationship the internet had towards 4chan in general, I just went to the main page. At the time I was already into the most entry-level shit, so checked /mu/ liked some albums posted, and stayed.
>>
>>55626224
classical fags literally

B T F O
T
F
O
>>
>>55626224
consider my fedora tipped, good sir.
>>
File: ahab-gospel.jpg (115 KB, 600x600) Image search: [Google]
ahab-gospel.jpg
115 KB, 600x600
if u make pics like this in mspaint you're immediately demoted like 4 levels but anyways i lie outside this spectrum because /mu/ is shit but im cool and cute
>>
>>55626160
>live music >>> recorded music
vastly depends on the style of the music being played, my man, but this is often true

I'm too poor to buy any instruments, but I want to make music
Thread replies: 57
Thread images: 4

banner
banner
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / biz / c / cgl / ck / cm / co / d / diy / e / fa / fit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mu / n / news / o / out / p / po / pol / qa / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Home]

All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties. Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
If a post contains personal/copyrighted/illegal content you can contact me at [email protected] with that post and thread number and it will be removed as soon as possible.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com, send takedown notices to them.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from them. If you need IP information for a Poster - you need to contact them. This website shows only archived content.